Creators Club Mass Removals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tom Fresco, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Hello

I have created this thread after the 4th time reuploading up to 8 scenarios which got removed from the creators club with no reason.

20230201151216_1.jpg
    20230201151219_1.jpg

I assume they were reported, as the filter wouldnt have let me upload them in the first place and i have heard from many other creators e.g. TrainGeek08 that they have the same issue with mass reportings and removals of neither copyright violating, offensive or otherwise inappropriate content.
    Some of the removed scenarios have been up for days or weeks without issues.

Also the my mods section on the CC Website shows you that a mod has been reported before its removal, so i know its not due to the filter sorting out words like Scotrail, passenger or locomotive.

Is DTG DTG Matt aware of this and is there any human intervention in removing reported content?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s quite ironic as there’s a lot of liveries still there but in theory they shouldn’t be as the logo and brand are not on the list of authorized TOC. I had many liveries that I posted been taken down for no reason ( copyright issue ) despite following the list of allowed TOC so I simply gave up uploading and I will simply have fun of doing liveries and posting on the dedicated thread

3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

This is getting ridiculous now, the only reason I use creators club is to play user scenarios, I can’t do that if they keep getting taken down, they shouldn’t be taken down for no reason if they don’t go against the t+c policy which is provided, I bet there is jealous little idiots somewhere reporting them because there boring scenarios are not getting the clicks their little attention seeking ego wants so I bet they go reporting the bigger ones, this is one reason creator club needs work done to it, the scenarios take the creators ages to create and some little cretin ruins this because there’s simply ain’t good enough, I for one will be boycotting creators club until the scenarios are left well alone

• Like Like x 1
  4. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I agree Brad! At the end of the day Creators Club is for the TSW community and it seems like some jealous princesses are spoiling it for everyone! The community shouldn't be able to report content as the way I see it is DTG should have someone moderating the content that gets uploaded and reasons should be given for its removal when that happens!

• Like Like x 3
  5. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago.
    I put in a ticket asking why my liveries had been withdrawn.
    The reply I received was that It's not down to the livery design or scenario, It's because they are awaiting moderation to check that they meet the requirements.

They can be put in this state if..
    1. There has been a high level of liveries uploaded by a large amount of players at a given time.
    2. If a individual player has uploaded the same livery multiple times in a given time eg, due to making corrections then re-uploading it.
    This causes the updated version to end up in a queue behind the the original that's awaiting moderation.
    3. If a player uploads multiple liveries, one after another.
    When any of the above happens, liveries are placed in the withdrawn state.

I have asked that when this happens to have it show "Awaiting Moderation" and to only show "Withdrawn" if the liveries are in breach of the terms and conditions. Making us feel like we have done something wrong when we haven't!
    The response to this looks promising, as they do agree that it does need to be changed and will look into it to see if it can be implemented.

They suggest to remedy this, is to wait a few hours before re-uploading any updated livery, and to put several minutes between uploads of multiple liveries.

I have found that following this guideline does seem to solve the issue of the withdrawn state (Sofar?)

If this change does get implemented it will be a miracle, and I may have to think about taking up a religion?

6. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I mean if a guy can make and upload a livery that relates to a German political party from the 1930s to 40s and allowed to upload that (until it was rightfully taken down) why an earth are good scenarios taken down, DTG explain

7. elric#1386

Read my post above!

8. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hi Tom - I'll check internally what's gone on here. Please let me know if the workaround for elric#1386 helps.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Hey JD, been having the same issue with my latest Scenario Pack and to put it bluntly, it's getting on my nerves, can you please find out why my scenarios are being either a) taken down or b) reported for no reason ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. elric#1386

DTG JD JD whilst you are at it, can you see if the "Awaiting Moderation" is being looked at also please?
    We will truly appreciate it if you can get that Dreaded "Withdrawn" message changed
    It's not a nice feeling when all your creations are taken down and you are told they have been withdrawn for no reason!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Same is happening to me for almost 2 weeks and now am starting to get annoyed. About to stop creating liveries/scenarios of this keeps up. I strongly believe someone is reporting because I went on Creators Club on my phone last week and it said one of my scenarios was reported.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG JD

Hi folks. I've just swept the queue (we had a rogue rule in there which was sending a lot of stuff for manual review), so anything awaiting moderation has been reviewed.

Tom Fresco a few of yours were in there so they've been approved now. Apologies for the shock!

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. elric#1386

DTG JD you're a good 'en. a thanks from me

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tom Fresco

Thanks for the quick response and solution, hope the issue is resolved now, otherwise i'll mention it here again :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainGeek08

My scenarios are still showing as Withdrawn, can these be reinstated please ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. elric#1386

In My Mods, select the edit on each content. Then (without editing) just re-submit it. This will clear the withdrawn status.
    Oh and leave a few minutes between each one. This should help prevent them getting stacked in the mod queue resulting with them getting red flagged again

• Like Like x 1
  17. TrainGeek08

I know how to do it but it might run the risk of them being Withdrawn again ;) but I'll try tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. elric#1386

Sorry mate, I didn't mean it that way. I put it like that so it might benefit others who are new to using the CC

• Like Like x 1
  19. TrainGeek08

No, that's fine, I knew what you meant ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I do find it interesting that random scenerios get pulled or removed for review from the CC, yet I see tons of North American repaints on there that aren't allowed stay up.

21. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Why did your Oakville Scenarios get taken down do you know?

• Like Like x 1
  22. elric#1386

Might be down to the rogue rule that JD mentioned?

• Like Like x 2
  23. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

maybe. None of my cc stuff has had the 'Rogue' effect (It might've been but I only check the new stuff). Cuz just like old consoles they're very cool but pretty much obsolete for modern day use.

• Like Like x 2
  24. elric#1386

If any liveries or scenarios get withdrawn for no apparent reason, do what I suggested above, and just resubmit them. This is what I have been doing, and so far it has worked for me.
    Hopefully now JD is aware of the issue we might get a fix for it?

• Like Like x 2
  25. TrainGeek08

Probably the issue elric#1386 has mentioned or someone being silly and reporting them ;)

• Like Like x 3
  26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I encountered the issue today as well. Finally finished this LIRR MP15 livery and it instantly got withdrawn. Tried resubmitting, but no luck so far, it got withdrawn again in an instant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should I keep resubmitting, or what?

27. elric#1386

You need to give it time to get through the stupid system before resubmitting it. Try giving it 30mins then resubmit it.

Three times I had to resubmit this, and all it is, is basically a plain orange loco
    [​IMG]

28. Dinosbacsi

Is is better to click Edit Content then simply save again, or manually delete and reupload?

29. elric#1386

Just click edit then just click submit and agree to the terms. That should work. I have to do that almost every time I upload a livery. If you reupload, it just puts it to the back of the moderating queue again.
    If you browse up to my first post in this thread, I explain it better

30. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It could be the fact that the LIRR isn't one of the operators allowed on the CC, based on what I read on the FAQ.

31. Dinosbacsi

There are quite a few LIRR liveries up on CC, so I doubt that is the issue. Unless the automatic filter bites for "LIRR" but not "Long Island Railroad", lol.

32. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been happening to me as well. Pretty annoying considering the weekend it was just fine. hopefully just a small bug that can be patched quickly.

33. DTG JD

Let me share this with the team to investigate. Dinosbacsi I can't see a reason why this might have triggered our systems on first glance.

elric#1386's workaround should provide an interim solution.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

Thank you JD! :)

35. Dinosbacsi

Interestingly I have renamed it from "LIRR MP15" to "Long Island Rail Road MP15" and it remained available since then. Either just luck, or the automatic filter just hates on "LIRR" for some reason?

36. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Can anybody tell me why my Scenario on CC has been removed because it says Profanity, and copyright and other things. there is no rude words used and i have thanked the people whos mods i used. the scenario is called Helping out on WMR. i use davemelody-train on CC

37. elric#1386

It's stuck in a automated moderation queue, caused by some rogue script. just click on the submit button again.

38. Tom Fresco

There is a difference between rude words and what the game thinks are rude words.
    A mod also often gets removed if the description contains brand names etc..
    Can you maybe send a Screenshot of your description for the scenario? :)

39. Dinosbacsi

I also have a LIRR scenario that keeps getting removed.

At first, it was getting removed on a daily basis. One by one, I started removing words that might have gotten caught in the profanity filter; Floral Park, Nassau Boulevard, passenger...

After a while, it stopped getting removed daily. It still gets removed every few days or so, but less frequently, so I don't know what the issue is.

40. elric#1386

It seems that DTG haven't corrected the bad script that JD informed us about?
    But hey, there's nothing new there!

41. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have resubmitted it now lets see if it gets taken down again. ok ive used mods that have brand names like E.g avanti but the mod who put it on is still there to be used

42. DTG JD

the script is sorted, but the bug mentioned (the one where things sometimes get stuck) above is in a queue to be looked at.

• Like Like x 1
  43. elric#1386

Repost:
    They can be put in this state if..
    1. There has been a high level of liveries uploaded by a large amount of players at a given time.
    2. If a individual player has uploaded the same livery multiple times in a given time eg, due to making corrections then re-uploading it.
    This causes the updated version to end up in a queue behind the the original that's awaiting moderation.
    3. If a player uploads multiple liveries, one after another.
    When any of the above happens, liveries are placed in the withdrawn state.

I have asked that when this happens to have it show "Awaiting Moderation" and to only show "Withdrawn" if the liveries are in breach of the terms and conditions. Making us feel like we have done something wrong when we haven't!
    The response to this looks promising, as they do agree that it does need to be changed and will look into it to see if it can be implemented.

They suggest to remedy this, is to wait a few hours before re-uploading any updated livery, and to put several minutes between uploads of multiple liveries.

I have found that following this guideline does seem to solve the issue of the withdrawn state (Sofar?)