Creators Club Recommended Scenarios And Repaints

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Tom Fresco, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Hello :)

I thought, that there should be a thread like the one for recommended timetable services, for liverys and scenarios in the Creators club, as especially with scenarios, you dont see everything on the Screenshots.
    So if you find challenging or inspiring scenario, feel free to post them here, to be able to find them within CC with name and author.

So this is a place to discover and share the hidden gems out there, and to show what excellent work the Community has come up with.

Also: No self Promotion, If you want to showcast specifically your Work, feel free to open a thread in the creation centre. :)

Have fun!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why is this not in the Creation Centre section?

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

4. ARuscoe

Personally I would say that there shoudl be a monthly "these are some great CC scenarios / repaints" in the creators section rather than PC.
    Don't see it as the same as that post as those are timetable / scenario runs which everyone has

5. Tom Fresco

But everyone can now get the scenarios in Creators club too, and its like the recommend timetable thread in the PC Section, as many conole players roam around the PC Section as well, its the most active part of the forum.

The thread can be moved into creation centre If the mods feel like it, but personally i'd let it here like the other, and dont see the necessity to move it around.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARuscoe

Then no point having sections at all... Fair enough

7. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

And I can’t think of a better person to start it. I have loved your Scenarios through the years and look forward to your creation center contributions!

• Like Like x 4
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have moved it to the creation centre as it's more appropriate here, not only that, all platforms can share scenarios and liveries through Creator's club. So you stand a better chance of getting more variety here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Tom Fresco

DTG Natster okay thank you, i think it fits better in this category then :)

Saw some really great work today, especially with the liverys, the DRA 146 in VVO livery is a must have for Dresden Riesa :)

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For console users, there are a few GWE scenarios which make use of the hidden FGW liveries. Credit goes to Tom Fresco for these, he’s got a lot of great scenarios, highly recommend checking him out.

I’ve also come across some very nice alternate realistic liveries for the DB BR 101, I will update this post with the publisher name when I get home in a few hours. BBVollgaaas has some nice liveries going for it. Federico has a very nice weathered environment livery for it, along with a few other fantastic liveries including some 66 Freightliner skins which look awesome.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I think there's a scenario that everyone should get to experience at least once in their lives. Some of you may have seen it from the official DTG release stream.

It's a scenario called "I Like To Not Move It", taking place on Koln-Aachen.

Let's just say... it's an experience.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Repaints I enjoyed the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Paint jobs

13. Tom Fresco

Also for Dresden Chemnitz, where they fit even a bit better, as Riesa Dresden is in a very modern status.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Shout out to the OP of this thread, as he also has some very interesting scenarios with some pretty interesting consists.

Great stuff so far!

• Like Like x 4
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

New Train Who Dis? Scenario By SoGGyFlaNNel#7526
    9555e5f4-631e-4387-ab3b-848034d0c3d5 (1).jpeg
    Livery: Southern Class 465/9 EMU
    "Following the rapid withdrawal of the class 313/2 EMUs, a few class 465/9 EMUs off lease from southeastern have been refurbished and have entered service on the seaford-brighton line. your job is to drive the 16:22 service towards brighton, enjoy the scenery and enjoy the train."

It's nothing particularly fancy or spectacular but I enjoyed driving the Class 465 in ECW, it was a nice change of pace for the route, and the story is not too unreasonable, think the MĂĽnich S-Bahn getting the BR420 not too long ago. The livery is also excellent, really selling that narrative.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  16. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I’ve seen some brilliant branded ones not too many others have seen. Bit worried about publicising them though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me about this but in real life there are private operators and Museums that run Riesa-Dresden Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR DR BR243 services.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JustWentSouth

Here is a scenario firmly in my personal Hall of Fame for all time most enjoyable TSW2 experiences:

IR 2668 Karlsruhe HBF by Tom Fresco:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/942

It's a great loco, the DB BR 101, on a great route, DCZ. The AI is quite impressive, the dispatching is fun and creative, and it is quite a challenge to deal with the traffic and stay on time.

Anytime you encounter this signal, you know you are in for a good ride!

Train Sim World 2®   2_25_2022 7_51_01 PM.png

• Like Like x 7
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I’d like to recommend both
    • BR 101 “RHEINGOLD” IN RED
    • BR 101 “RHEINGOLD” IN BLUE
    by DCnine#5410.
    Why the ones made by this user? Because they were done with great attention to detail. On the real locos, quite a few deatils stayed traffic red since the wrap didn’t cover them. These bits also stayed red in the reskins by DCnine.

• Like Like x 3
  20. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks! I really enjoyed doing those smaller details, and am probably going to make an update soon with detail on the grey side panel parts, which is where I feel the livery is the most lacking rn.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Lamplight

That’s great to hear! I’ve been really enjoying your 101 liveries on DRA and more detail would only make me enjoy them even more :D

• Like Like x 3
  22. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Hello Tom,

I really enjoy the scenarios you make in CC! Keep up the good work, and thankyou!

• Like Like x 3
  23. dr4w4t

dr4w4t Member

Ha, i'm coming extra to the forum to say the same about Tom's scenarios. I like them too!
    One suggestion:
    To better identify the scenarios in the selection, creators should put their name or initials in the scenario title. Like [TomFresco] or [TF].

• Like Like x 2
  24. Tom Fresco

Thanks for your kind words and the Suggestion, will do so next time :) (aka today)

• Like Like x 4
  25. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

@tomfresco I saw you in this theatre I just want to say I play a couple of your scenarios and download a couple of your liver awesome job dude keep up the good work:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  26. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 2
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry just a clarification. I thought I should have been able to edit a scenario so I could run it even if I lack some DLC. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to do it? Not having HHL and the BR204 it seems like I'm missing out on a lot of good scenarios.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  28. Lamplight

Nope. Neither downloaded scenarios nor liveries can be edited.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Tom Fresco

Unfortunately you cannot edit scenarios you downloaded in Creators Club. So if you are missing a dlc, you cant play (cant Download) it. If you would be able to Download it regardless of missing dlc, you could play it just with the services missing, which are given to stock you dont have.

• Like Like x 1
  30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thanks! That makes sense, however it seems like I can't start your IR2668 scenario... I am guessing the problem is that I lack some DLC.

(I'm on xbox) so if I press the "A" button to start the scenario (or the enter or space key which would start any other scenario) simply nothing happens.

This happens for other scenarios as well, so I assume it's because I don't have all the necessary DLC...

31. JustWentSouth

I am having the same issue starting the IC with 182 to Dresden scenario; it shows up as IC 1661 in game and I can't double click on it to load. I don't think it is a DLC issue.

• Like Like x 1
  32. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah same situation for me.

Also having the same issue with the BR 101 scenario for DCZ.

• Like Like x 2
  33. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 4
  34. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like my scenario. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Tom Fresco

I take the opportunity to thank you for your scenarios for the BR 204. This got her finally stretch her legs. Keep up the good work! :D

• Like Like x 3
  36. JustWentSouth

An outstanding southbound run on Rapid Transit with the 101 by JBViper:

Signalling Failure at Leipzig
    found here: https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/3405

The AI is incredible and there is a massive traffic jam requiring some serious patience and PZB skills. It's the 101 which means you get to enjoy the LZB section and going underground with this train is a great experience. Highly recommended!

RT seems to have some random hot 1000hz magnets on green signals south of the underground section. It is a good idea to just acknowledge every signal in this section.

You can pair that with a great southbound freight run by Tom Fresco with the Railpool 185.6 called:

Rapid Freight

found here: https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/9717

I really enjoyed the feel of freight on RT and this is a great run loaded with AI and driving challenges!

• Like Like x 3
  37. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

That doesn't work - I've tried it with one of my own. It simply refuses to load it.

• Like Like x 1
  38. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Thank you for your comment, it's a pleasure that you appreciate it.

I exploited the signal bug on Rapid Transit between Leipzig and Markkleeberg. As it was never fixed and it saddens me, I wanted to make it an original scenario (exploiting this TSW bug ;)).

• Like Like x 3
  39. JustWentSouth

Well done! Thanks for all the effort that went into this run which is first ballot TSW2 Hall of Fame material. I really enjoyed it!

• Like Like x 3
  40. JustWentSouth

• Like Like x 5
  41. Tom Fresco

I want to recommend a scenario myself, on CC i especially look out for UK and US scenarios (as i make german and some UK ones myself) and i found this:

Montauk Extra
    by adamsapple (#8352)
    With the F40PH-3C on LIRR from Long Island City to Hicksville.
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/3367

Nice choice of train, something different to the M7, yet somehow fitting.
    Good for a bit variety and to see LIRR with some traffic the route deserves. Enjoyed it very much :)
    It also takes place in the evening, so you have beautiful sunset visuals, love if scenarios make use of the lighting in TSW which can be stunning at dawn/dusk, so i usually avoid scenarios that start at 12, where the author couldnt be bothered to change the timing, except if it follows a real scedule

You have to look out for manual switches at the start in Long Island City, went the wrong way the First time.....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  42. Lamplight

Another 2 German liveries I'd like to recommend:
    The first one is an orient-red Br 143 - not completely accurate as it lacks a grey stripe between the cooling grilles but represents what this livery looked like in real life quite nicely. The orient-red paint was infamous for how quickly it faded in sunlight and rain (see spoilers below for comparison), leaving the locos in a run-down pink-ish colour. This is the only orient-red 143 I could find that actually reproduces this run-down look.

The second one is the best DR liveried 143 I could find thus far. Instead of looking factory-new, the livery is weathered (especially noticeable in the white stripe) and the painted-on number boards even have little grey dots to represent the bolts holding the real number boards.

As you can see, I like my locos dirty and worn and both liveries bring that to the table.

• Like Like x 4
  43. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I wanted to shout out 2 liveries:

VVO Dirty DoSto Dresden 2.0 by Alcatraz#4794

Transwaggon Habbiins, Filthy by solicitr

Those are great weathering jobs, which will spawn ramdomly on DRA (I don't think they will spawn on DCZ as that uses different rolling stock with no substitution...). They add a lot of variety while still being detailed and not over the top.

Alcatraz#4794 also has some amazing graffiti DoStos, I personally don't like seeing them around because they spawn randomly so you can have two identical graffiti one after the other and it looks quite strange, but if that doesn't bother you their work is amazing :D

It might sound ridiculous but togheter with my BR143 and Zacns (or any other weathered livery), they make a huge difference on DRA, it feels much more authentic now.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  44. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed this one:

[TF] 465 Brighton-Victoria by Tom Fresco
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/1007

The 465 is one of my favorite trains to drive, so getting to really open up the throttle on BML is a treat. It's possible i might have exceeded the 75mph vmax for the 465 a couple of times lol. Lots of AI traffic, including a couple times parallel running.
    Fair warning: i got an out of memory crash approaching Battersea Park. BUT, i was playing the Xbox cloud version, which gives me this error frequently, where I have never gotten it locally on my Series X. I'll try to run it again on local machine but i feel like i saw 95% of the scenario, so it might not be for a while.

As a console player, THANK YOU to all the creators out there- y'all are breathing life back into this game!

• Like Like x 2
  45. Lamplight

What an excellent suggestion! Downloaded all of that + the graffiti DoStos and got this lovely consist:
    286FE750-93D9-4691-B838-9FEF37B86B40.jpeg
    Dirty DoStos just after the 143 and you can just about make out a graffiti one further back.

Praise to all of the authors! :D

(Please ignore the anachronism of an orient-red 143 and VVO DoStos.)

• Like Like x 3
  46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I've seen similar consists myself and it's just awesome :D

Also saw a freight train passing by full of my VTG tankers and the Transwaggon Habbiins. It's really cool.

Definitely putting BR146 and DoSto cab car weathering as my next projects now :D

• Like Like x 2
  47. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Hey tom, i seen you made a scenario with my FCC 314 in it, i really want to play it but i dont own east coast way so i cant... would it be possible if you could replace any of those services (with the 66 im assuming?) With the GWE 66?

• Like Like x 2
  48. Tom Fresco

Have done, but for any questions regarding my scenarios please use the scenarios and Repaints thread in the pc forum :)

49. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Sorry, this was the only thread i seen you on, but thanks anyway

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  50. JustWentSouth

This was superb! My favorite UK loco (the Javelin is a close 2nd!) on my favorite UK route. I can only imagine how much work it took to reproduce the traffic level on BML.

I have dabbled enough in Scenario Planner to know how much work it takes to produce a scenario like this and I join you in my gratitude to all those who submit to Creator's Club. It has reinvigorated the game for me.

• Like Like x 2