Crewe - Derby

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tardisgaming07, Oct 31, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

85.7%
  2. Yes but in a different era

14.3%
  3. It's too long for TSW2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

The line from Crewe to Derby is around 50 miles long and has a variety of trains using sections of it. The service frequency is around 2 hours for the entire length of the route although this can vary during the day.

Proposed Rolling Stock
    • Class 156/9 in EMR livery[​IMG]
    Operate services from Crewe to Derby, Nottingham and Newark Castle.
    • Class 220 in Cross Country livery[​IMG]
    Operate CrossCountry services from Bournemouth to Manchester Piccadilly via Stoke-On-Trent as well as Plymouth to Aberdeen/Leeds/Newcastle/Edinburgh/Glasgow via Derby.
    • Class 323 in Northern livery[​IMG]
    Operate Northern services from Stoke-On-Trent to Manchester Piccadilly as well as some AI services at Crewe.

Possible DLC's
    • Class 350 in London North Western Railway livery[​IMG]
    Operate AI services from Crewe to London Euston via Stoke as well as extra AI at Crewe.
    • Class 222/0 in East Midlands Railway livery[​IMG]
    Occasionally cover for Class 156's on Derby - Crewe services as well as extra AI at Derby.

2. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

I grew up in this area and used to watch the trains between Derby - Stoke from my classroom window, so I'm going to vote yes. However I would have to say that the Derby - Stoke section was a lot more interesting 25-30 years ago than I believe it is today. You used to see a lot of steel trains going to/from the steelworks at Shelton Bar as well as coal trains for the numerous coal power stations along the Trent and light engine movements to/from the depot at Crewe. I believe these days it's a multiple unit once per hour in each direction between Derby - Stoke.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Based on the trains I hand you my money. I hope the route is worth it

• Like Like x 1
  4. tardisgaming07

tardisgaming07 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't live right next to the line and aren't massively familiar with what worked it in the past so I went for a modern version as at least I know what stock is most common on the line.

5. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I would love to drive this route mainly as it's my local line. This route would be quite interesting as the branch line uses 2 of the UK's least used stations (Peartree and Longport).. Scenarios could also include a scenario were the player is tasked to drive a crowded train from one station to Uttoxeter on Race Day.. (The Uttoxeter racecourse is right next door to the station)..

Although, as much as I would love to see this route, I'm guessing that Dovetail or another route creator for TSW2 will never produce this route into the game mainly as there is only around 1 train per hour and that it isn't a well known route..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1