PC Crr Speedlimit Turntable

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

When you drive over the CRR turntable it shows in the HUD like you are overspeeding. It happens at both sides of the turntable. Did someone forget to set a speed limit here? The hud does not show upcoming speed limits.

I have seen this in the Setup scenario

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

In fact, this is how it works with all turntables. I'd say it's a suboptimal solution, because this happens when the turntable must not move, but has nothing to do with the speed of the loco.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Built-in TSW problem; there is no "non-speeding" speed for TT entrances and exits. IRL, most TT are limited to 10 mph, if you want to use that as an immersion guideline.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I can only add that in TS the usual turntable speed is 5 mph, so I've stuck to that in TSW as well, but Silencer is correct in stating that this phenomenon "but has nothing to do with the speed of the loco". As far as I've seen, there is no over-speed penalty connected to it either.

I'll just add that I don't remember seeing this in CSX or other routes that include turntables.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member