Csx C30-7 And Norfolk Southern C39-8 Had A Baby!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by itstypicalrailfanner16, Apr 27, 2022.

1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Oh God where do I start? Let me just show the screenshot!

upload_2022-4-27_17-36-13.jpeg
    There! There's the problem! It's supposed to look like this[​IMG]
    But it instead looks like the former! The lights from the above picture are from the Norfolk Southern C39-8. The problem lies within the use of the C39-8 and CSX C30-7 in a single lash up. I haven't reported this for months because I thought it was normal or just some sort of bug, but lo and behold, it's the weirdest bug I've ever seen in Train Simulator and I haven't really seen any bugs. Except for that one transparent wellcar bug. Anyway, does anybody know why having the C30-7 and C39-8 coupled together causes this? IF you haven't already understood what I meant. I meant that the C30-7's lights are the C39-8's lights.

Now look at this:
    upload_2022-4-27_17-54-24.jpeg

Same weird middle light right? What exactly is going on here?
    And then there's this:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  2. itstypicalrailfanner16

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Nice!

Apparently TS does not like two different heavily scripted locos in one scenario - the scripts get messed up somehow for a reason that lies deep in the core exe, unbeknownst to us :D

I remember finding the same issue while editing loco bins and putting many different ones in a freeroam, constantly toggling between them. The lights got screwed up at some point. Or vR locos, also scripted, refused to take any commands.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2022
  4. itstypicalrailfanner16

Oh. So how do I fix it? As the lights seem to do this all the time. They NEVER stopped doing it.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Can't think of any fix to be honest. Other than not having both in one consist.

6. itstypicalrailfanner16

Okay so I hit up DTG Support and they confirmed what you have stated. Basically, Pro Range locos don't usually get along because of their advanced scripting and the fact they have functions different from each other, even if they're practically the same locomotive. I.E. The Western Pacific GP20 High Hood and Southern Pacific GP20 as well as the SP GP20 in other railroad liveries are literally the same locomotive, as their start-up procedures are exactly the same, only one [The SP GP20 has 2 additional liveries that are bought separately being the BN and UP liveries] is a high hood and the other is a chop nose or low nose. They even have the same interior, just different horns. So my theory is that both GP20s can be used together because they're the exact same locomotive and would have the same pro range script, again, with different horns. The other pro range locos can't go together because they're not the same ones and don't have the same scripts. I should have noticed that before, but I am very otherworldly when it comes to paying attention to how Pro Range locos. I should've asked on the forums beforehand. But, TSC just got an update, but I'm not sure if the update was made to address the offspring of the C39-8 and C30-7.

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Update is for Springfield... VNHRR took care of this gem :D

8. itstypicalrailfanner16

ikr. It's about time we get better NH sounds, especially when the originals were long outdated and needed to change. I just wish New Haven did NOT chose that goddamn GP9 horn. The Hancock whistle is accurate, I'll give credit where credit is due, but Jesus is that horn foul. It sounds like the GP9 died and came back to haunt the railway. But it does sound really cute, so I can't complain.

9. itstypicalrailfanner16

I'd just wish they did that with all GP9s. From Donner Pass to the freaking GP9 dlc itself. They need to be updated. I have a feeling they're actually planning to update all GP9s sometime soon because this sounds like it's going for that direction.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Donner Pass is from DTG (RSC)... Unlikely to happen. But there's Donner Pass Redux on WS and swapping locos is no big deal. Replacing a horn is also no problem.

VNHRR=G-TraX=GNTX=Great Northerner are very caring about their stuff and it's indeed nice to see they updated an older route without being asked to do so. Glad they got rid of the blocky clouds sky.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You are not gonna get an update for these two locos, as the developer of them has disappeared from the TSC scene.

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

If you're referencing the Dash7 and 8, there's no need for an update anyway as it is a restriction of TS handling two different pro scripted locos in one consist.

So VRC has left the building...