Csx Heavy Haul On Console?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RailfanReaper, Aug 13, 2019.

1. RailfanReaper

RailfanReaper Member

Okay, first, I know Heavy Haul is not on console (duh), and I don't think Dovetail wants to put it on console. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a chance they might add it in later, because I don't see why they shouldn't. Also, I noticed that the base game route package for TSW 2020 has been upgraded to 4 routes on all platforms, rather than just 3. I'm pretty sure that means Heavy Haul will become a standalone route like NEC and RT, am I correct?

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

On PC HH is still included in the new Bundle, just not in the Console Version for obvious reasons.
    The Chance that HH will land on Consoles in the future is there but i would say its pretty tiny. The reasons its not on Consoles is that its very resource intense. It was the first route ever created and they said they have done a lot of things more inefficient compared to newer routes.

To make it run they would need to fundamentally change things in the route, which costs developing time. That time is better spend on Content like new features / routes for all platforms. So maybe at one point in the future they have the time and resources to go back to that route and make it compatible but i doubt that this will happen anytime soon. Its more likely imo to see a similar route like HH for all platforms at one point.

3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I have the same opinion. HH is good, but new routes/vehicles are better than spending time to recreate SandPatch.
    Heavy Haul won't be standalone route because it is core PC content. GWR is the same core for consoles.