Csx Keystone Subdivision: Rockwood - Connellsville

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Jun 22, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Continuing from where TSW Started we head West of Rockwood to the City of Connellsville's Yard along CSX's Keystone Subdivision
    CON Yard.jpg

Handy Dandy map that happened to go to Connellsville how convenient.
    Keystone map.jpg

Services may follow on from Sand patch's as many Continue on from Rockwood, I would like more stuff such as MOW, or Odd jobs

Locomotives:
    I mainly tried to replicate Sand Patch's Loco selection but instead put in some slightly more Odd balls but If I'm gonna make a CSX Suggestion I Will Broaden the range of Locos to use.

EMD SD70MAC:

These locomotive produce 4,000hp and have AC Tractions motors and were made to compete with GE's Dash 9-44CW AKA AC4400CW but with DC traction motors, These play the roll of the AC4400CW of Sand Patch being the Heavy Hauler.
    CSX SD70MAC.jpg

EMD SD50-3:
    Yep the SD50-3s CSX's rebuild of the Standard SD50s to modern Standards These take on something like the SD40-2 from Sand patch a Freight loco but not as heavy freight as the Heavy haulers can also be used on Yard duty and MOW.
    CSX SD50-3.jpg

EMD GP39-2:

These are the Bog standard road switcher for not so heavy work like MOW, Yard duty, or Lighter freight, these are Similar to the GP38-2 but I don't want the Same Engines and will happily except something Similar.
    CSX GP39-2.jpg

Freight Cars:
    Most can come from Sand patch I'm fine with that but i got one suggestion for a new car.

Those cars that carry truck trailers: Simple those cars that carry trailers? I think those would make a good choice.
    that is all to the freight cars :p

DLC:

Eco Pack:

The idea is this pack comes from the Rebuild of Locos from Class 1s to comply with modern Emissions Standards or To be more Efficient on fuel lets get into the 2 locos of this Pack
    NS SD33ECO:
    These Locos are rebuilt SD40-2s by Norfolk Southern at Some point CSX must’ve bought some of them they are Distinguished by there Admiral Cab and Flared Radiators these units will make a Mighty fine Addition to the Game.
    CSX SD40-3:
    These Units are SD40-2s rebuilt by CSX to have Better fuel economy, similar to the SD33ECOs these also have an Admiral Cab instead of a Spartan Cab.

Layering:
    Sand Patch Grade you may kiss the bride, yea it should be obvious you can us the locos from One Route on The Other, with the CRR SD40, or the UP locos as well

Ending:
    Well thats the end of it it has a Bit of story, originally i wanted to do the East Penn Railroad but it operates in many Unconnected segments so i didn't do that i then wanted to go close to my Previous RBMN/NS suggestion but they wouldn't work, then I found a Penndot PDF of Pennsylvania's Rail lines in a Map so i went looking and decided on well Rockwood to Connellsville extending from the Original Sand Patch Grade.
    Anyways thank you reading this i hope you like it and have a good day.

If you liked this suggestion you may like this one Csx Keystone Subdivision: Connellsville - Pittsburgh | Dovetail Games Forums

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Route suggestion and if you want to combine this with Base game SPG. Bundle should be called CSX Heavy Haul Cumberland Maryland to Connellsville Pennsylvania for the same price as Brighton Main Line Riesa-Dresden and Boston Providence Rush Hour bundle for $29.99 £21.50 UK ($1=71p) & €25.11 4 train simulator world 2 players from the European Union Eurozone ($= 83 eurocents). All of your locomotives can layer onto SPG including the large Cumberland Yard for SD-50.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

How could you sell a bundle with a route that everybody already has? SPG is in the base game, everybody has it. Also, that’s not how the prices are worked out. UK route DLC (including the Rush Hour bundle) sells for £24.99 and is not based on any exchange rates, the same with the Euro prices.

• Like Like x 3
  4. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about this since I was thinking that the US price is converted into UK and Eurozone. back to the topic if made should this layer onto SPG or extended the services to Connellsville Pennsylvania

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

We could get the Amtrak Capitol Limited with this too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

I like this alot. I think some additional DLC could be the standard cab C40-8 or the SD40-3. And add helper services from Connellsville to Sand Patch.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the Capitol Limited (with a new Amtrak Siemens Charger ALC-42 or P42DC Genesis). I also really want an ST70AH (CSX SD70ACe-T4), ET44AH, and maybe an SD40-3, GP38-3, and MP15 or Genset Switcher.

• Like Like x 2
  8. csxfan#8403

Yes sir, we finally would.

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

That will feature ALC-42 Amtrak 300s. These locomotives actually require Adblue Fluid to meet Tier 4 2015 emission standard. Unlike CSX ET44AH 8900s & SD70ACE Tier 4 3200s-3300s which use EGR technology to comply with tier four 2015 emissions.

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The Capitol Limited is just one train-pair per day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. csxfan#8403

Complete with Superliners and depending on which era, mail boxcars

• Like Like x 1
  12. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

No you cant really do that whats the Point perhaps for a Dedicated Freight pack.

To get Everything about the Capitol Limited out of the way No it shouldnt be a DLC for this route it would work better as a Layer from a Route with the P42 and Surfliner coaches since they can better be utilized there (Like This route Csx's Rf&p Subdivision - A Route That Is Perfect For Tsw In My Opinion | Dovetail Games Forums), not to mention the Capitol Limited runs 3 time Roundtrips in a week so it wouldn’t be Practical

Im happy someone is not thinking about the Capitol limited and i agree with Both but the Standard cab C40-8 should be Apart of the C40-8W pack honestly would make a Nice update, Plus i think the SD40-3 would work if Combined into a Loco pack with my Suggested SD33ECO DLC considering how similar they are.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you and for SD33ECO they're CSX 1700s service entry is from 2017 onwards. Furthermore if they requested Norfolk Southern Road arrived they can get a reskin. The main reason for this is that American Freight railroads order the same locomotives and customize it yet capable of DPU.
    Link to the article is https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/01-csx-takes-delivery-of-sd40e3-eco-units/. Note trains magazine is only up to 7 free articles due to paywall

• Like Like x 1
  14. csxfan#8403

Exactly. D8s were used as helpers on the west slope