Csx's Rf&p Subdivision

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chargers1321, May 11, 2020.

1. chargers1321

chargers1321 Member

I think CSX's RF&P Subdivision running from Acca yard in Richmond Virginia to Washington DC would be a great addition to TSW. As a route it would be very long (about 90 odd miles I think) but as large sections are heavily wooded I think technical and space limitations could be observed.

This route would be a great addition as it would allow users to operate Amtrak services using P42DC locomotives from DC's Union Station to Richmond's Staples Mill St Station. These services include Northeast Regional services as well as long distance name trains. The northern terminus of the Autotrain is also along this portion of the line and could be used for some interesting scenarios (especially since it's always late).

This route would also bring mainline American freight hauling to TSW. CSX operates everything from mile long lashups of coal, inter modal and mixed freight to smaller local jobs servicing a variety of industries and even a busy interchange with the Buckingham Branch Short line at Doswell VA. Power is everything from 6 axle SD70ACe-T4s to GP38/40s so both the users and developers will be spoiled for choices when it comes to picking what they want to drive or create.

Lastly the RF&P plays host to the Virginia Rail Express's Fredericksburg Line which would add commuter services using their new MP36PH's operating from a small yard south of Fredericksburg to DC.

Anyway, I think it would be a cool addition to TSW and I think one that would be doable and add true North American mainline railroading to the game with tons of variety to suite most players tastes.

• Like Like x 8
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Yes we need heavy haul American freight trains in TSW! I agree:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Sounds cool. I really want the SD70ACe-T4s. Maybe we could finally get a CSX Genset Switcher.

• Like Like x 3