PC Cumberland Charge Impossible

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kevinsim1046, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Kevinsim1046

Kevinsim1046 Active Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do Cumberland charge, but it’s impossible! I’m at the point where you have to stop at sand patch to get permission to continue the journey, but with the amount of power available to you and the weight of train, no matter what I do, the train just starts to roll back. There is just not enough power to get over this hill. I just do not know what to do?

2. Maurizio

Maurizio New Member

Hi,make sure before you begins the journey back up to Sand Patch that the back locomotives are in the correct settings. The rear 1st loco has to be set as lead/dead with freight mode. Once you have to restart your Journey at Sand Patch make sure to use the sand system and apply power to level 3 . It will take a lot of patience but eventually you will notice the train speed increases slowly slowly. Good luck!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kevinsim1046

Kevinsim1046 Active Member

Thanks, the rear lead loco was not setup correctly. What I did as well was actually go past sand patch as I had a green light, and I stopped so that the rear locos were on the objective marker. This means that you are starting to head down in the front, and the rest of the consist is on a lesser gradient, so I could just use notch 3 without having to use sand, worked well.