Curious About Lzb On Skw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OpenMinded, Sep 3, 2022.

1. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

As I am not at home, currently, I have not downloaded TSW3, however, tried to glance through a couple of reviews on YT. I was not able to fully understand as to how deep LZB was integrated on SKW. I understand from DTGs comments, that stuff like dark mode on signals is supposed to be modelled.

Nevertheless, in various streams I did notice several lid signals, also during partial block stretches of the track, at least it seemed that way?!

Also, I am curious how the fallback PZB is modelled. What happens if I switch off LZB? In reality signals should be lid then. How was that integrated by DTG, if at all?

It will not influence my buying decision, as I am going to get it anyway, however, interested to know up front. I would be thankful if someone could elaborate a bit.

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s pretty much the same as on ska

• Like Like x 1
  3. OpenMinded

Which would be a shame, as I understood in a preview stream that Matt (I believe) said it was enhanced quite a bit.

4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m afraid it’s not . Unless I’m missing a trick

5. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Signals are only turned dark when they would otherwise show a red aspect, otherwise they're lit, as it is irl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. OpenMinded

Do you know what happens when you drive without LZB? Does the modelled route take this into account?

7. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Another LZB related question: On the ICE 791 service from Kassel to Fulda, starting at 12:12 and driven by an ICE 1, LZB was limiting me to 200 kph for the entire way from the exit of Kassel to Fulda. Anyone would know what gives? :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Probably because weather reasons. If there is snow or heavy rain it could cause wheel slipping and maybe a derail so they limit yhe speed to 200

• Like Like x 1
  9. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

You might be onto something, because I retried the service in clear weather and the occurrence didn't repeat itself. I had no idea LZB could lower your speed in bad weather conditions.

10. DTG Lukas

DTG Lukas Developer Staff Member

Indeed, LZB is limited to 200kph if the wind is strong when you enter LZB.

Also yes, Dark Signals happen when a signal would be showing red, or another train is infront of you in an LZB Block. As soon as the train ahead moves out of that block, you will get lit up signals again, since its not needed.

If you turn off LZB, you cannot get this effect and will have to wait until the 7-8km long light signal blocks are fully clear before you get a green.

There are also many other enhancements:
    • The different target distances for different speeds are now respected.
    • LZB now ends on a main signal when possible
    • LZB will not ende if the last main signal is red and only releases you once that clears
    • LZB will only take you under monitoring at certain points only per reality (they have an LZB sign). This has one exception, when you spawn on LZB, because we cant set it to already be in LZB.
    • We have the possibilty for failures as seen in one scenario.
    • LZB will respect the last signals exit speed unlike before

But there are many more small changes I cant all list here.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. OpenMinded

Thanks, Lukas! Much appreciated for clearing this up. Also, quite impressed to how much depth DTG has pushed this system. Looking forward trying it out, next week.

12. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

This was an interesting scenario. Does this kind of failure happen frequently IRL? Are they randomized in timetable mode?

13. OpenMinded

Would be really neat if we could choose some kind of factor, how often failures are likely to happen, in timetable mode.