Curser View

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rocky.28965, Oct 26, 2021.

1. rocky.28965

rocky.28965 Member

I have a physical disability & use a trackball mouse.
    Is there a way to make the view follow the curser, like it does on TSW2.
    To hold down the right button & scroll with the ball, I have to use both hands.

2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

3. rocky.28965

rocky.28965 Member

Thanks, I actually have one of those.
    Haven't tried it on Train Sim.
    Used it on Flight Sim & Car Racing.
    Would prefer to use the trackball as it works so well in TSW2.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Depending on whether you prefer playing in cab or external view, if it's the former you wont beat trackir but if you play external cam the majority of the time then trackir wont be of any use as it switches back to mouse controlled camera then.

If you have it try it, it works out of the box requiring next to no setup, see what you think.

5. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Also, some trackballs come with software that lets you customise the buttons to enhance accessibility, including making them “sticky” so you don’t have to hold the right button down when you’re manipulating the trackball (so it works kind of like the capslock key on your keyboard, but for mouse clicks). If your trackball came with an application, it might be worth investigating the settings. Sometimes its called “click lock” or “drag lock”. I believe Windows also has some setting for that too, but I’m not sure if it only applies to left clicks. Worth investigating though?