Customise Cab View Position?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fakenham, Aug 22, 2021.

1. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Is there a way to change your seating position whilst driving in the cab? I've found some cab views slightly off for me personally, i.e I like to be a bit higher up and further forward in a lot of locos.

I've managed to use view position key 3 to move freely in the acs-64 cab, but this doesn't seem to work with other trains, i.e you get ejected out of the cab if you try.
    Of course, trackIR, opentrack etc is a way around this, but I was just wondering if I'm missing a trick otherwise.

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Some trains have (or at least had) a seat height adjuster, but they've stopped putting that in for some reason.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

20210822150323_1.jpg
    Here it is on the Tees Valley Class 37. I believe the NTP and TVL locomotives have it. It would be nice to have standard to all trains, but I do agree on some trains (particularly the 101 and 314 IMO) the seat feels very low.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've seen and used both front/back and up/down seat adjustments in two engines since the recent gigantic update. The post above this one mentions the Tees Valley Class 37 and the other one is the Rivet's DB BR 204 for various routes.

I enjoy being able to use features such as these, but wouldn't want to see them in cabs where they don't really exist.