Accessibility Dark Mode For Dtg Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RobertSchulz, Apr 16, 2024.

1. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to create a dark theme, which one can enable in the settings of a profile here in the Forum?

I would prefer a dark background and white font. Especially when I want to be in the Forum at night, the current bright and white theme is a pain for my eyes. Sometimes I even wear sunglasses as a solution.

Google Chrome has a dark theme, Firefox too. Only when I'm going to the forum, I get that light flash.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 11
  2. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

As someone who uses dark mode on anything possible since it’s easier on my eyes at every time of day, I wholeheartedly agree with this :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Without waiting for admins adding the style, there may be a way to customize it with a user style on the browser's side (with Stylus or other user style browser extension). While I don't have currently in Firefox one that makes the forum dark, I had one in Chrome a couple of years ago, so it can be done with some limitations. It may not work very well with posts where the text color is set explicitly by the poster. Currently I only have custom user style for this forum that removes the background image (it would be required for dark mode if these images weren't also changed).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. RobertSchulz

I thought about any browser extension as well. Probably will dig myself a little deeper into the topic if there is one for Firefox, which handles the forum's formatting and all that stuff.

But even if it would work, it would be better if DTG could implement that feature on their own. Because sometimes it happens that some extensions don't work after a couple of time and recent updates.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  5. RobertSchulz

I actually have two kind of googles to work on the PC, on with a blue light filter and is yellow-tinted. The other are the sunglasses. I swap both of out dependent upon the amount of eye fatigue and day time. But both making the work on the PC a lot better.

6. djgaming#7176

djgaming#7176 Active Member

This would be good because light mode hurts my eyes a little

7. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Every time I use a website that doesn't have dark mode

[​IMG]