Dart / Texrail

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Orange World, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Orange World

Orange World New Member

Using the soon to be opened Silver Line (Cotton Belt Line) on DART and TEXRail, yes typically you wouldn't be seeing someone jump from operator to operator but it would be possible. Both DART (Silver Line only) and TRE use the Stadler FLIRT. In theory you could take a train from Shiloh Rd. to DFW Airport North or DFW Airport Terminal B, then change onto TEXRail and run it down to T&P. This would also be easer to do from an audio standpoint since you could go find any FLIRT and record its noises. If you did the rest of the DART Network (Red, Blue, Green and Orange Lines) you would have to fly out here to record their sounds (Dallas is the only operator of the Kinki Sharyo Super Light Rail Vehicle (SLRV))
    DART FLIRT - [​IMG]
    TEXRail FLIRT - [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If you’ve seen my TRE route suggestion thread, I think that’s pretty much based in a similar area. I don’t see much of a problem in the development for these 2 routes. If one is created first then the other, DTG could one day combine them into one, just as how they’re planning with RRO, RSN, and HRR:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Orange World

Orange World New Member

In theory all they would need to do is model a TRE train and shorten the FLIRT, make the GTW, then boom! there you go, DFW Metroplex Rail Services (DART SL & TEXRail use the FLIRT, DCTA A-Train uses the GTW, TRE uses the PMD-59PH and PMD-59PHI)

• Like Like x 1
  4. qt317955

qt317955 New Member

same i would like to see it in tsw2 and 3

• Like Like x 1