Db Br 182 Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Brian Notenbomer, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Brian Notenbomer

Brian Notenbomer New Member

Place here all the bugs you found while riding the DB 182

2. Brian Notenbomer

Brian Notenbomer New Member

For me, the AFB only works if I give more than 50% traction.
    As a result, the DB 182 also has only half the power to use it.

3. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

First, thanks for the RT Update and the new Train.

My Buglist. I am updating this post as soon as I find new bugs:

- First Scenario (S-Bahn Sprinter), PZB Issue, wrong active 1000Hz magnet on Vr1 sign at 73,2: Driving from Leipzig Messe to Delitzsch. In this scenario you are under a 500Hz influence when you arriving at Leipzig Messe so you have to go in 500Hz restricted mode when you should drive the empty train to Delitzsch. By passing the next Hp1 sign you get a call for "Zugbeeinflussung" without any action done, the 500Hz lamp goes dark but 85 and 70 lamps are alternaty flashing the whole time. You can't get yourself free. On the Vr1 signal at kilometer 73,2 I got an emergancy brake after a wrong 1000Hz influence.
    In another try, I turned PZB off and on again: No 500Hz restricted, no falshing lights after pushing PZB free button but an influence on the same sign at 73,2 because of an active 1000Hz magnet.

- Scenario 2: Shortly before Bitterfeld (coming from Wolfen) there is a Ks1 signal which allows a maximum speed of 60 km/h with Zs3. At the same time a Zs3v also signals a speed of 60 km/h. That makes no sense in my view (Screenshot 1). At this signal I also get a 1000Hz influence although I drive under the permitted maximum speed (Screenshot 2). In my memories, there was this phenomenon even before the PZB "rework" of RT.

- Scenario 3: The scenario can not be ended because a train is blocking the entrance track and being held captive by Hp0 signals.

- The PZB is unfortunately still as confusing as before. Often you have to confirm pre-signaled speed limits of or over 100 km/h with "PZB Watchful" (normally nothing from 90 km/h and above must be recogniced) and then you get even a 1000Hz influence, so you have to slow down again to 85 km/h and can only free yourself after 700m. At the moment I am unfortunately very disappointed with the "innovations". Unfortunately nothing has really improved on the PZB. :( :mad:

In the top video you can follow the points I mentioned in the last two points. Since I could never be sure at which speed limit the 1000Hz magnet activates, I simply pressed the "PZB Watchful" button on each signal.

After this last update with the BR-182 and after driving the three new scenarios I must ask: DTG, are you shure the last update included your PZB reworks? I can not see any significant changes compared to the route before and this patch was just 310MB large.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

AFB seems to activate the breaks, that is why you need so much power to get the train moving. Driving without AFB works fine for me.

Note: seems to be fixed now.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  5. 13modelco

13modelco New Member

This is because the independent brake applies when the AFB is activated.

6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

- Handbrake indicator on the boogies shows red on released handbrake and green when applied.
    - The background light on the buttons on the digital displays are not working.

7. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The rear lights of the BR 182 are not lit when it is towed.

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You consider this a bug?

9. Jodler

Jodler New Member

1. Springbrake indicator on the outside shows green when applied and red when released. Should be the other way around.

2. Light switch in the cab only control the lights of the active cab but should (depending on the setting) control both ends like when selecting 3 whites and 2 reds.

3. The indicator for the train line doesnt light up when its turned off. Its the light with "ZS aus" written on it.

10. Ticigame

Ticigame New Member

When switching to third person and then returning back to first person, the cab ambience sounds like I left a door or window open.

I encountered this bug on other Trains before but they have all been fixed since.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Rapid Transit - City Express Scenario

AI arrives with white headlights, once you've boarded to take over, the lights change to red tail lights.

3 PZB emergency stops during the route, and I don't know why.

12. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

As I could see in your video, the train did not respond to your PZB acknowlaging. Happens. If you do not hear a beep when you press the "PZB acknowlage" key, the system has not answered. That's why you always took an emergency stop after 4 seconds. Solution: Press the "PZB acknowlage" button a little longer after driving through the signal or just press it again until you hear the beep.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  13. Daniel Bloch

In the cab car you have to hold the acknowledge button longer, in the locos it's almost instant recognised.

14. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Thank you guys, I will try it out again.

Cheers :)

EDIT Yup, I've just finished it again with no problems. It was the PZB acknowledgement issue you both were talking about

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Should it be?? Or are the colors like the safety on a weapon - when the safety is on the safety switch points to the green to show the weapon is safe. When the safety is off, it points to red or “danger” since the weapon is in an unsafe condition. So looking from the outside green for the spring brake being applied being the safe condition as the brake is applied and it is safe - red being not applied and so in a danger condition subject to rolling.

16. Daniel Bloch

No green is released, red applied.

17. LeadCatcher

You sound sure - any references because for a parking (“spring”) brake, the safety analogy makes more sense.

18. Daniel Bloch

Well if you look on all other trains in TSW, they have mostly an indicator on the outside and red is applied and green released.

And if you look into the BR182, it has indicators for the normal brake an parking brake at the Boogies. The one for the normal brake are green on release and red on applied.
    And in the cab on the handbrake switch, its light is red on applied and green on released so why should it be the opposite colors in the outside? Makes no sense.

19. LeadCatcher

Agreed, thanks for taking the time for the comparisons.... just wanted to establish that was the case since in many safety devices green means the safety device is engaged, red is isn’t engaged. In this case green means safe to proceed. Again thanks

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Service 86109 on MSB using the br 182:
    Got stuck at a red light that would'nt turn green, track ahead is clear for miles and miles.
    20190418183735_1.jpg 20190418183728_1.jpg

EDIT:
    Got stuck at the same red light doing the same service but using the BR 155.
    20190427090319_1.jpg 20190427090332_1.jpg

BR 182:
    Outside sounds in cab when going to an exterior view and going back to in-cab view. (most rolling stock does this)

All german locomotives:
    Sometimes the SIFA pedal doesn't activate when pressing Q on the keyboard. No pedal sound, no activation notification on the right of the screen. Restarting the service or the game fixes the issue.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  21. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You can solve the thing with sifa if you stand up and sit down again. So you dont need to restart the service. Still something that should be fixed of course.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Service 86110 on MSB using the br 182:
    Got stuck at another red light that would'nt turn green, so far 2/2 br 182 services i've played on MSB have this issue.
    20190419225302_1.jpg 20190419225311_1.jpg
    Do all the services have this?

• Like Like x 1
  23. GregOuz

GregOuz Member

I don't know if it's a bug or maybe i do something wrong, but the pzb always stays in mod O. Even by using the switch under the desk

24. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

If you change the pzb mode, you have to switch the pzb switch off and on again

25. GregOuz

GregOuz Member

That's what I do, but it doesn't change the pzb.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi everyone,

The Dev Team have been made aware of the issue described but please ensure to submit a ticket when facing an issue that way it's easier for us to determine if it's affecting a large number of users or not:
    https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. mokady

mokady Member

I found that left computer screen is broken right now.
    It shows correct values of traction force at each axle only when You stop and than accelerate.
    1. When You switch camera from inside to outside ( 3 or 8) and than back to cab - monitor is broken (doesnt show values at all)
    2. When You start braking (no matter if You have power applied or not) screen also get broken.
    3. When You have properly working screen for accelerating the braking doesnt work and vice versa - when it doesnt show properly
    acceleration values, brakes are shown correctly.
    4. You need to stop and than start again to make it work until You start braking again or change camera view.....
    5. Also when playing RSN with new coal cars the handbrake icon is always flickering red. After You uncouple cars it works correctly and than after You couple again the cars is again broken.
    I dont know why DTG cant make test server like other games do because right now they release bug infested content for quite high price.

Also we need BR 155 thread because it is lacking some core mechanics like over current safety and also this small monitor above GSM-R doesnt work.
    Zrzut ekranu (43).png Zrzut ekranu (44).png Zrzut ekranu (45).png Zrzut ekranu (46).png Zrzut ekranu (47).png

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

1. SiFa can not be controlled from the second cab (SiFa does not light up or gives an audible warning). In the HUD the light for the SiFa is missing. All you get when driving in the second cab is "SiFa Zwangsbremsung" and the train stops.
    2. Wrong spelling on a fuse switch 20190430024142_1.jpg
    It should say Führerstandsbeleuchtung, not Führerstandsbeleuchting

29. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The close doors in the BR182 behaves weird. If you use the controls in the cab, they are not working or not very responsive. If you use the HUD interface (Tab), the controls are activated several times.

Anyone else has this experience?