PC Db 80213 Hagen - Finnentrop | Plattenberg Pzb [resolved]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by breblimator, Sep 15, 2020.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Conditions: DB BR 185, but I think not only | other fright services too.

There is a speed reduction in Plattenberg, shortly before the station.
    Each time PZB stops my train there.
    Fatum, or maybe someone will confirm it? :D

2. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

You are coming from hagen or from finn? In the first case you need to acknowledge the signal because there is a speed limit at 80kmh

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I know what to do, but in this place Pzb stops the train, always :)
    Hagen -> Finnentrop

EDIT

I travel a lot on the RSN and sometimes I take a nap, but when I stopped on this platform for the third time, I started to wonder :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2020
  4. delucadomenico2009

Try to apply more brake force, if you are on a freight you normally arrive at the station at 100 or 110kmh but the braking area is very small so maybe you pass the braking curve. I need to try it honestly

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Last time I approached this restriction 10 kph below the speed limit - I am just curious :)

6. delucadomenico2009

Gjj
    Maybe i know the problem. You acknowledge when the 8 on the signal is yellow right?

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah, that 8 is on a signal, but don't remember now, is it a distant or main, or which one exactly.

8. delucadomenico2009

Try to check better, tomorrow i will run the route so i can give you a feedback

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I had no issues on the main line PZB with the BR143 (freight and pax) and DoSto Cab Car, not going to drive the BR185 until they fix AFB.

Will take another look anyway later today (with a BR143 freight)

Xbox

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Just passed the Plattenberg speed reduction without any issues but I might know what's the problem.

You need to keep in mind that the PZB on the BR185.2 is automatically set to "M" (used for freights with good braking), this changes the rules.
    Screenshot_20200916-122510_Drive.jpg Taken from the Main Spessart Manual.

So what you need to do is:
    As soon as you approach the distant signal with the 80 warning associated with it, you acknowledge, than brake until you reach 70km/h (AFB set to 65 in the 185 and 60 in the 143 for safety), and you can speed up to 80 only after the PZB is cleared (you press PZB release and the lights go back to a solid blue 70).

I'm so sorry for the awful quality

Try it with the BR185 and let me know if it works.

Xbox

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I done this with BR185 :)

I have done hundreds of services without a HUD with SIFA / Pzb enabled and only this is where RSN bothers.
    But thank you for Your very good intentions :)

I wonder if anyone else has such adventures there. I don't repeat services, I do them in bulk - it was the one before last or maybe two for me in this Journey. Out of curiosity, I will drive it again slower. Although I had 65 (?) kph there.

UPDATE

Of course, I take into account that I missed something there, but two, maybe three times? :)

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You can get a good feeling here. This theoretical AFB "70" could be ~71 at times. Is there a downgrade there? I like your theory - 'will check in a moment :)

13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely it can, also PZB is triggered at 70.6 from my experience. Always keep a 5 km/h buffer when holding PZB speeds, which become 10 km/h in the Br143

• Like Like x 1
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of is that you didn't release the PZB maybe, the 1000hz lights went out but then you need to press PZB release and make sure you are actually free. You can check by looking at the 3 PZB lights, make sure you have a solid blue 70 light, if it's flashing then you need to press PZB release to get going again, maybe you missed it

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I've passed too many signals without problems - theory is almost fine :) Didn't checked this already, but I am 99% sure it's about 70+ kph case. I thought I set 65 last time, as I mentioned a bit above - but it could only seem.

UPDATE

Your video on YT shows that the signaling and PZB are working flawlessly THERE.
    And the PZB release - I probably didn't, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. You are right, which I will confirm pro-forma later :)

16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah there are many places where it's broken but so far I haven't had any issues with PZB on RSN and Köln-aachen (for main line services) for the shunting ones looks like it's completely broken, as shown by Matt's stream.

All my pax journeys on RSN have been completely flawless so far, just some problems not braking in time (caused by me not remembering that the 143 takes AGES to get the throttle back to neutral and then into electric braking...), but no issue with the game itself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. breblimator

breblimator Guest

SKA looks OK but there are restrictions*, on the right side of the track, near this epic viaduct, on the straight - they have an arrow - it concerns a railway junction (I don't know, I'm guessing - please enlighten me) or the track next to it - I didn't get it right away. I scratched my head every time: why isn't LZB slowing down here? haha :D

*distant with an arrow at the top

18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

LZB is only on the ICE, you go straight on, why should you slow down to simply go straight ahead? You slow down in the Talent as you get diverted into the parallel tracks to stop at the various platforms...

Flashing Greens are usually before a yellow aspect in the ICE, in fact you get them only when you go towards Köln as you get stuck behind a slow moving talent

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will take a screenshot of what I am talking about.
    Nice pictures! :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ok, I didn't understand it fully TBH although some friends of mine REALLY struggled to understand how the signals worked near stations so I assumed the problem was somehow related

21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Your / yours informations are appreciated and useful, but maybe I will clarify the SKA case later.

I also checked "Platenberg" and followed your suggestions: indeed, the mistake was to 'ignore' the glowing 1000hz moment at a speed close to, but still visibly higher than the required <70.

• Like Like x 1
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'm happy you managed to resolve your issue, also maybe I got what you meant.

It's like a speed limit sign with a little triangle over it like this

Screenshot_20200916-161422_Drive.jpg

Then the speed limit only applies to where the white "arrow" is pointing, I guess you saw it when running parallel to the S-Bahn track between Köln and Düren where the speed limit is between 140 and 120

23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes. That one. But, is it about track changing* on the next junction or it relates to the next track (this case the left one)?

*during that track-switch

24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No no, it's just to clarify to which track the speed limit applies

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1