Db Br 101 In A Special Livery?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Apr 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yeah, i know. Nobody has a glass sphere to consult, but I'm curious. How likely do you think it is we will get the BR 101 in a special livery? The 101 exists in sooo many different liveries.

I don't think we'll get one where special licenses are needed like the 101 in Märklin Livery - but DB created their 'own' liveries like the Rheingold. Maybe they can implement the Livery the same way they implement the Trainbow on SEHS.

What do you think? And which livery will you recreate in the livery editor first?

• Like Like x 7
  2. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

It'd be nice, but I very much doubt it. Lots of trains produced previously have had good options for extra 'easy' liveries, but they haven't ever been taken up. I wouldn't say it's comparable to the two 'special' 395s as they weren't a complete livery change.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Even the Rheingold one is a tricky one - it has been ordered by a group of model retailers and they are probably involved in the licensing as they were the only ones who could have it made in the model.

The safest, easiest and probably the most logical would be the "Unsere Züge schonen die Umwelt".
    [​IMG]
    About 40 101s had this ad, it is a DB campaign, so it's their license and considering it's one extra logo and two sentences... simple enough to make. Generally, I'd say DB ads for hiring, progress in railroading, ecology etc would be the most likely to be reproduced and SHOULD be reproduced.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I would honestly only expect the "Verkehrsrot" version. Maybe if we are lucky we will also get the IC colored one with white sides and the red stripe. If that is not included I will make it myself anyway, seems easy enough ;)

6. matinakbary

I may be wrong, but there was never a 101 in that livery

7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I hope not to have advertisements in game locomotives. I have enough with the TV ones :D

Cheers

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

FED9D29B-3F58-4053-A5FF-5887CD6FD32C.jpeg TrainSim-Matt please give us this livery also like the trainbow Class 395

• Like Like x 4
  9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

10. matinakbary

Would be nice! At least it won't be that hard to recreate this livery in the livery designer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mclitke

Oh was there actually not? Must have been another loco then - I am sure I have seen it on some, but it might very well be that it was not a 101. Will do the livery regardless :P

12. matinakbary

13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

There is pretty much no chance for any alternative liveries for the BR101, even advertising liveries. Expecting the Rheingold liveries is a pipe dream, as is expecting the BR Blue livery on the Class 313.

14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The thing about the Rheingold livery on 101 is that it actually runs in normal revenue service. The model retailers from a group called Wilde 13 wanted to make a Rheingold 101, but fiction sells less, so they paid DB a normal advertisement price and covered 101.112 first in blue Rheingold stickers and then red Rheingold stickers. It is not a museum piece and normally roams DB network with IC services. As I said though... Wilde 13 probably has some licensing rights over this particular "livery"

Edit: It's called "Wilde13+" http://www.w13plus.de/

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mclitke

Just looking back at livery diversity in the history of this game should give you enough indication as to only expect the DB Red livery...
    Anything additional to that would be nice but I would never expect it.

16. matinakbary

Yeah I'm with you at this point. But then they also did the Trainbow thing, so that made me think about this opportunity.

17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The BR Blue 313 also runs in actual revenue service. 313201 was repainted into it a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1