Db Br 101 Sound Issue In Tsw 3 Version

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rhazv, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

Recently, I noticed that the TSW 3 version of the BR 101 has a sound bug that the TSW 2 version didn't have. When reapplying power or dynamic brakes when that second stage of the traction whining noise is active (terrible description, I know), the sound comes on and than immediately cuts out briefly to then come on again. I've made a short video comparing the TSW 2 and TSW 3 version to hopefully clarify a bit.

I don't remember reading forum posts about this before. Does anyone else have this problem as well?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Yes this is an issue! Maybe this can shared with the creators team DTG Alex ?

3. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

There were changes within the simulation. And it seems the person who did that didn't considered to keep other areas (like audio) in mind when do the changes. This then is the result. I i find time, i will try to fix the audio.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

That's really nice Maik! Thanks if you try to take a small peak off your busy time to fix this :)

5. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I cannot reproduce the sound cutout on HRR, nor on DRA or KWG. The sound cutout of your BR 101 reminds me of the AWS sound cutout that many British locos have had for many months, instead of making "beeeeeeeeeeep" they make "bee.....eeeeeeeep".
    Do you have any sound mods or other mods installed that affect the BR 101? Which service exactly is it in your video?
    (PC Steam)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

That's peculiar. The service in the video was IC Dresden - Warnemünde starting at 9:19 on Dresden-Riesa. For me this problem isn't linked to any particular service or route a far as I can tell. I've also tried it on Kassel-Würzburg and Hamburg-Lübeck with the same results.

Also I have no mods installed whatsoever.

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

It also depends on which speed you are. The range where you can hear that at most is 25-45kph. Below it's not there at all and above it gets less audible. The part that has been "destroyed" by changing simulation parameters is the starting noise of the inverters when re-applying power in that speed range. They cut-in with a short ramp-down sound, and that sound needs precise timing and triggers. These triggers were removed and so the sound makes wild things now.

• Helpful Helpful x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is still happening with TSW 4, at least on Bremen-Oldenburg.

9. austinbrewer7868

austinbrewer7868 Active Member

Itll never get fixed. This game is flooded with audio issues that have never been addressed. Phantom trains and the train your operating having rolling audio playing when not moving. Horns are terribly mixed and can't do realistic sequences without audio cutting out. U.s. locomotives randomly losing all audio when working with a different train in the yard. List can go on and on if I wanted to.

Audio is not DTG strongest arm.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

Yeah I agree. Speaking of Bremen-Oldenburg, the BR 110 have randomly working air brake sounds :|

That's a shame that such a good model like the BR 101 has been affected too.

TSW has a solid base and there is some attention to details, but it always feel unpolished, as if development time was somewhat too short.

11. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Like always

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

it's more realistic and it does only if you activate the brakes and apply loosening btw 0.2 and 0.4 bar and re-activate the brakes