Db Br 103/db Br 218/db Br 294

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scarface, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Hi,
    it would be nice to have the DB BR 103, DB BR 218 and DB BR 294 in the future in TSW!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  3. tobmail97

tobmail97 New Member

Hi,

we definitely need the DB Br 218 and Br 294 series in the game, as well as the V200 series.
    I reached out directly to Dovetail to suggest this and was directed to this forum, so I instantly gave your request a big thumbs up.

Both Br 218 and Br 294 are iconic and very well known locos which are already classics but still used today. "Modern classics". So it would be possible to utilize them for classic as well as modern scenarios and especially BR 218 would fit within almost any german route and there is the potential to combine them with many loco/waggon combinations.

Dovetail or potential third party developers should hurry: As far as I know there are less than 10% of the original number left of Br 218 (it is likely to be similar with Br 294) and especially in the last few years the amount of them dropped rapidly. In a few years you will only see them on very few occasions.
    So developers, please use the chance and experience them while they are still "alive" in regular service and bring them to the game!
    A well made 218, maybe with engine options (old MTU TB 11 engine with in-line exhausts like on your picture and the more modern refit MTU 4000 series engine with staggered exhaust setup) with different sounds and a equally well made 294, maybe with engine setups (original and refit) as well, would be a instant-buy for me!
    Search for sound videos of Br 218 with the TB 11 engine on YouTube and you will be addicted as well. ;)

For the V200 series I will write a short text to the separate existing topic.
    Personally I'm not a big fan of e-locos but I support your suggest regarding the BR 103 because it has a very iconic shape as well.

Best regards
    Tobias

• Like Like x 2
  4. krenz.christoph

krenz.christoph Well-Known Member

They totally should do a 103 - I love this loco. It is the first LZB, so Munich or Köln could be nice route for them. Probably a package like the 101 would be nice.

Summary: It is one of the most loved loco in Germany. It was THE flagship for DB until the ICE emerged. Even until the early 2000 they did their duty with Interregio trains.
    She is elegant, powerfull and an icon for electric locos.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Necrobump again