Db Br 143 Passenger Lights

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ricky, May 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ricky

Ricky Active Member

Does anyone know if the passenger lights on the Db BR 143 buged or something if not were is the option to turn on the passenger lights from the cab?

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There is a button on the left side of the driver's desk if I recall correctly, but it doesn't work for some reason. You'll have to use the switch in the cab car to activate the coach lights. If you're in a hurry and use an external keyboard, [CTRL][+] is your friend :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Just as an aside, is there a list in maybe Excel format of all the short cut keys on an external keyboard somewhere?

4. Lamplight

Good question. Maybe the guide by Rudolf has a list of them. I‘d check there. With the exception of [CTRL][-] for changing between groups of locos, every PC short cut should work on console as well.

5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

In the cab, you have to activate the power to the trainset (there are two switches on the right side in the panel that is on the left). Once that is done, you can go in any of the coaches to the switchboard and turn the lights on for the whole trainset. Afterwards you can actually control it from the loco, but it has to be switched on in the coaches.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not in excel format, but they are all covered in the TSW2 Starters Guide.In the next release, also the new door control keys.

7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Train line power and passenger lights do not seem to turn on from the BR143. The switches make no difference to me. Same with destination display. You can go in a coach and turn on formation lights. Destination display can be turned on in the coach cab. If destination doesn't show on all coaches, put train line power to start in here (I think it is on by default).

Thought they brought keyboard controls in line with PC for TSW2. I recall Ctrl + and - did not work in TSW2020 but do in TSW2. Even the more recent Y and U left/right doors works on console (QWERTY layout). At least for Xbox.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  8. Lamplight

As far as I can tell, all controls do work on Playstation as well (including the new door controls), but [CTRL][-] doesn‘t work to this day while [CTRL][+] does. No idea why this is the case.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

One of the brake keys doesn’t work either. Apart from the new keys for the doors, the functionality is the same as it was in TSW2020. It is odd that only a couple of keys don’t work on console.

10. Lamplight

Are you sure? For me, electric/dynamic brake, direct/independent brake and train/auto brake keys all work on both PS4 and 5.

Edit: In TSW2, that is. I never used an external keyboard in TSW2020.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ll have to try them out again (PS4) and see if they work. I may have just made an assumption that because the key for swapping locos still didn’t work that nothing else had changed. I can’t recall which brake key didn’t work on TSW2020 because I always drove with the controller because of it.

12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve tried the brake keys now and they do all work. That’s good to know in case anyone else asks as I can avoid giving duff information, and I might even try driving some trains with just the keyboard for the challenge. Most of the control keys seem intuitive enough and I already use plenty of the switch shortcuts, camera and speed set keys, so just the throttle, brake and door keys to learn. It’ll be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

14. kekanha#4892

sometimes instead of passenger lights, I gave train lights, which also implies passenger lights. I'm not home right now, but try looking at this. 143 is the new one, from hamburg, right ???. look at train lights. sorry for my english. Regards.

15. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

143 is the loco from Ruhr Sieg Nord, a preserved route. Though the new one looks similar enough.

16. kekanha#4892

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. kekanha#4892

Of course, I'm not at home and a user asked where he had the passenger light, he answered that some crazy people had train lights, and he asked if it was the new one. there are many and I have all the DLC, except the island of wrhite. sometimes I confuse them. Thanks again