Xbox Db Br 406 Ice Problem - Nahverkehr Dresden Timetable - Start Not In Loco

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by emdzej, Oct 6, 2021.

1. emdzej

emdzej Member

Timetable - start not in loco, but on station. Looks like the same bug as S1 Coswig - Drezden.

Anyone has the same problem?

2. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

yeah, have exactly the same problem however after reading the patch notes i couldn't see anything mentioning a fix for this issue yet

• Like Like x 1
  3. emdzej

emdzej Member

Before update it was ok. I have one timetable completed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

ah, i had the issue both before and after the update, hopefully its not long for a fix and theirs also London - Brighton to look forward too!

5. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Played this route for the first time yesterday and did all the tutorials, no problem
    Today tried the first timetable journey eith DBR406 departing at 0819
    As soon as I arrived at the 80kph speed limit the game crashed with out of memory warning.
    Tried a second time, same train and same run, this time I spawned without a train
    Tried once more and game crashed again at the same place as the first time with same error message
    I am playing on Xbox Series S
    Just hoping BML works better than this route

6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

The problem is the RAM the last gen has 8GB which is the bare minimum to run the game when TSW2020 came out. Obviously the more features you add uses up more and more RAM so they should of upped the system requirements for RAM probably when the Rush Hour upgrade went through.

Now as for the Series S they say its running at a 10GB RAM. But it isn't really how its set up is basically still 8GB hence why the game crashes at the busy sections.

The Xbox Series X features 16 GB GDDR6 (320-bit bus), 10 GB of which run at 560 GB/s, while the remaining 6 GB run at 336 GB/s. The Xbox Series S hardware, by contrast, is limited to 10 GB GDDR6 (128-bit bus), 8 GB of which run at 224 GB/s, while the remaining 2 GB run at a mere 56 GB/s.

So I personally think as a developer myself the only way they are going to be able to rectify this is to cut back some the layers for the series S. Perhaps lose one layer and the game could run crash free.

I'm not sure because I'm on Series X and have not had 1 crash yet. And I've run all the IC and ICE services.

For the older gen unfortunately the only way I see them running a smooth game is no layers and cut back timetables. The additional passengers seem to be pretty expensive so I would cut those back down. Not all the way to 20 as it was before but down to maybe 50 instead of 100.

I know DTG won't say this outright because despite all the negativity people throw at them they really do care about the players on the older generation and are going to try whatever they can before they eventually concede and say that future DLC on the older gen will have some features removed such as layers.

But even the company I work for has told us not to waste too much time on getting new features added to the 8th gen console versions of our yearly releases. As we are abandoning them after this years release and next year will be only 9th generation versions.

So consider yourselves lucky.

7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They didn’t fixed this
    All routes are issued

8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I've had this problem on the 406 & the 363. Restarting the run only results in being moved to another place on the map. Great for finding collectables but terrible for actually getting the timetables done

9. david-bright184169

I've got round this problem on Xbox Series S by changing the display from 4k to HD.
    Tried the run that kept crashing and went through without a problem,
    only to SPAD at the last stop by 2 metres - must try harder :D

10. emdzej

emdzej Member

After the London Commuter install, seems to be ok?

11. david-bright184169

Only downloaded, not played yet

12. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

No. I've had the same issue on London Commuter too trying to run the first 387 timetable service