Db Br 442 Pzb Bridging

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driverwoods#1787, Nov 6, 2021.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi, guys, it's me Driverwoods#1787 and I took this picture of DB BR 442 SKA/ Riesa-Dresden train protection system pannel and does anyone here know the use of PZB-Überbrückung Bremse In-game text is PZB Brake Bridging?
    [​IMG]

2. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

This PDF by Deutsche Bahn (p. 19) defines its function as:

"Zur Weiterfahrt bei ausgeschalteter PZB/LZB-Fahrzeugeinrichtung bei Fahrzeugen mit ep-Bremswirkbaustein (Schnellbremsschleife wird geschlossen)" - For continued driving with the PZB/LZB vehicle equipment switched off on vehicles with an ep [I guess this means electro-penumatic?] brake module (rapid braking loop [or circuit?] is closed).

3. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

As much as I understand it, this switch (Bremsüberbrückungsschalter) disables the ability of the PZB unit (EBI Cab 500 in case of the Talent 2) to initiate or maintain a penalty brake by opening the Schnellbremsschleife (in the linked video the old name "Indusi" is used for the PZB unit).
    So unlike the PZB-Störschalter (or PZB-Hauptschalter), the Bremsüberbrückungsschalter will not switch off the PZB unit entirely, but the PZB unit should no longer be able to perform or maintain a penalty brake.
    I don't think this is modelled in the game, though.
    PZBBremsüberbrückung.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information and I would say this might be useful on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Aachen to Düren section & Köln Area Riesa-Dresden Dresden Hbf to Coswig due to the Heavy Junctions involved. In game PZB Störschalter turns on PZB on DB BR442 Riesa-Dresden and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen

5. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Edit:

So actually - as much as I understand it - there should be three different switches concerning switching on and off the PZB unit (entirely or partially),

1) PZB-Hauptschalter (see my post above)
    2) Bremsüberbrückungsschalter (see my post above) and the
    3) PZB-Störschalter (see below)
    PZBBremsüberbrückung02.jpg

ad 1) The PZB-Hauptschalter (PZB main switch) should switch off the PZB entirely.
    (In the game this happens - incorrectly, in my humble opinion - when you switch the PZB-Störschalter to "Aus". To my knowledge the PZB-Hauptschalter is not modelled in the game for the Talent 2.)

ad 2) The Bremsüberbrückungsschalter (PZB brake bridging switch), if set to "Ein", should disable penalty brakes via the Schnellbremsschleife (see my post above). The MFD should display the message:
    PZBBremsüberbrückung03.jpg
    (In the game, as much as I could find out so far, this switch - captioned "PZB Bridging" - doesn't do anything.)

ad 3) The PZB-Störschalter (PZB malfunction switch), if set to "Ein", should disable the PZB functionality without turning the unit off entirely. The MFD should display the message:
    PZBBremsüberbrückung04.jpg
    (In the game, this switch - captioned "PZB" - functions as the PZB-Hauptschalter instead, see above sub ad 1)

As a rule, you must not switch off the functionality of the PZB unit (entirely or partially), unless in case of a malfunction ("bei Störungen", "bei schwerwiegenden Mängeln"), when shunting presumably for more than 30 minutes ("Rangieren voraussichtlich länger als 30 Minuten") or in the not-leading loco in multi loco consists ("bei Vorspann auf dem Zugtriebfahrzeug", "bei nachgeschobenen Zügen auf dem Schiebe-Tfz."). See the description given with the switches above to see in which case you are required to set which switch.

At least this is what I read in Richtlinie 483.0114. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2