Deletion Of Redundant Entries From In Game Route Listings.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by k_gentle, Dec 18, 2019.

1. k_gentle

k_gentle New Member

I am attempting to find out how to carry out the above actions on the in game route listings. I have deleted what I think were appropriate files on my C drive but this has made no difference.

Thank you if anybody can help.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would suggest reposting this in the bug reports section as a lot of people will miss it being in the introductions section

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi k_gentle,

Welcome to the forums!

The route and scenario folders are cached and the only way to remove them from the menus, once all the files have been removed, is to regenerate the cache. Whilst in Train Simulator, click the Settings menu (upper right), then select Tools and then Clear Cache. Note, if you're running 64-bit, when prompted to restart, select no and carry out the restart manually.

On the next start up, Train Simulator will rebuild the route and scenario database based on what is actually installed. Note that it can take a while for the cache to be rebuilt so just be patient and let it finish. You may get a TDR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) error from Windows, just ignore it and wait for the application to become responsive again.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

4. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Do you mean you want to remove routes and/or scenarios from your list of installed playable content?
    Do you want to just hide them from the lists in game or delete them completely?