Delhi Rrts

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Cyclone, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This suggestion is for a real-life project under construction. As such, the scope of this project will change as the actual route is completed.

The Delhi RRTS - which I think stands for Rapid Rail Transport System - is a planned trio of high speed lines into Delhi. They appear to use trains with an NCRTC logo, manufactured by Alstom (manufactured in India). The route they discuss, from Delhi to Meerut, is a 55 minute drive with normal road travel being about an hour and a half (without traffic). 16 stations are planned along the route.

There is a benefit to trying to land this project. Namely, India has the third largest railway network among all countries in the world (I didn't know that, either). Yet none is represented in the game. This is a good excuse to represent it. This might also be a good TSW2 project, if not considered possible in TS, but I would like to see India explored in both games. The logic behind it being in TS is for merging routes later, though this may not be viable for scenarios (still a possibility though).

See more here: