Determining An Accurate Angle Of Gade.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabe20189, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I am using the Google map overlay and I have finally figured out how to lay up to 4 miles of straight track which will match the Google map-lay image. I have the the DEMs installed. My challenge, right now, is to maintain the track to be accurate with the DEM elevations on my line. Is there a possibility of resetting the rail length to feet instead of meters? If not, then when I look at the rail height in the bottom right is it in actual meters?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What is a Gade?

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I believe the person meant "Grade"

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

His bade.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Yes. It should have been Grade. My concern is that the other end of my line will be too low by the time I get there. The end of the line should end up at a rivers edge, 362 feet below the start location.

I am catching on to the use of the metric system, so I guess all I need to know now, is if the gradient measurement when I raise one end of the track is shown in meters. Once I am sure if every measurement in every case refers to a metric scale, then I think I will be OK. I believe I was over complicating things before I gave in and accepted the metric system.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.