Train Sim World 3 Devon Coast Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seanpward, Jan 29, 2023.

1. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

Before you read on, I know there are alot of routes round the south of the UK...

As I have previously mentioned on posts before, I would love to see a route around Devon. There are alot of branch routes with alot of potential.

Starting off at Exeter at David's. This would almost be like Birmingham New Street (in the middle of the map). It has a diesel depot and it a main terminus/main stopping station that 9/10 trains stop at.

There are several routes that run out of Exeter such as the following: (these also run the other way to how I have written them)

Paington to exmouth.

Exeter central to okehampton.

Exeter central to Barnstaple.

Cardiff central to Penzance.

London paddington to Exeter st David's.

London paddington to Plymouth.

London paddington to Penzance.

London Paddington to Paignton.

Plymouth to York.

Penzance to Edinburgh.

Exeter St David's to basingstoke.

(I believe that there are more like empty depot moves and freight moved but these are the main ones.) Adding Exeter Riverside sidings for freight would also be a good idea for variety.

The main route I would suggest would be the Paignton to exmouth. This fits in with dovetails "around an hour" route requirement as it usually takes around a hour and 10 mins. Not justnoocal services but you could run high-speed services from Exeter St David's to Newton abbot for the player who would not like to drive for an hour and 10.

The following with a star is a request stop. Starting from Exmouth, you would follow the line stopping at (Lympstone Village LYM) (*Lympstone Commando LYC *) (*Exton EXN*) (Topsham TOP) (Newcourt NCO) (Fight and sowton DIG) (Polsoe bridge POL) (St James' Park SJP) (Exeter Central EXC) (Exeter St David's EXD (swap cab ends)) (Exeter St Thomas EXT (on some all station services)) (Starcross SCS (stops on all station services)) (Dawlish warren DWW) (Dawlish DWL) (Newton Abbot NTA) (Torre TRR) (Torquay TQY) (Paignton PGN).

This is one of a few that could be replicated. I chose this one solely because you can incorporate some locos already in the game such as the 43 (castle set) or full set depending on time period, 166 and 150 ( now I know what people are going to say...it's in the wrong time period. I understand they can just update it like they did with the 483 and the 38 stock. I understand that rivet made it so they would have to do the route or pass some files to dovetail to make this work. I also know that it ain't as easy as I am making it seem. Either way it has potential. And finally, the 66 and 37 on loco moves as they do at the moment. Rail toured could be added like various steam engines that go to paington.

Locos to be added:

There are a few on here that aren't in the game and would add to the atmosphere.

For example, the 158, ( I have personally asked for this a few times XD) and the class 800/802. Now would be a good time as TMS is starting to be developed. I know this isn't fully made up yet but it would be a good project to get it to work.

Finally, the variation of services run by different locos is highlighted with this route. The class 800/803, 166 150 and 158 run this route. So turning up on a platform and finding a random one of these (not necessarily the 800 as it runs it's own route from paddington).

Some of this may not have made sence as when I'm typing, I rant on and everything gets muddled up. If I have missed anything, please feel free to add it below...

Some photos were taken by me and others were screenshots from the internet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't think people have an issue with more routes in the South as long as it's different from the ones we have. It's more of having had multiple routes with the electrostars around the same area which people got tired of

• Like Like x 2
  3. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

Yeah I can see where you are going with this