Diesel Legends Of The Great Western

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I was quite excited when it was first announced on the roadmap. A 1970s pack set on Great Western express. The possibilities of getting a HST in BR blue. Or a train from that era that we might have seen before in TSW2 felt promising. But no, we get given the class 52 , 101 and 08. The idea behind this pack being you can choose a different time table and get a feel for what it might felt liked.
    What you get for your £14.99
    - 3 trains
    - 3 tutorials
    - 5 scenarios
    - 177 time tabled services

The bit I dont like
    There is no sense of you actually driving in the early 1970s regardless what the description of the pack says. It would of been a good idea to include a ingame video of what the route would of looked like back then.
    Now in order to keep the costs down selling this pack instead of developing new trains for this pack DTG has taken existing dlc from other packs and repackaged them in this one for a smaller fee which helps people as makes it more affordable.

But for existing owners. Were now expected to pay a privilege for that are we ?. A few scenarios and a time table mode that could of been created in scenario planner.

Having a dual time table on a route is a good idea. With a wide range of scenarios and a good list of services. But recycling what we already paid for with very minimal changes is not a good idea.

I think this should of been priced at £4.99 because for existing owners who own the dlc all your getting essentially is a few scenarios and services to your existing trains for a different route. And for a gamePlay pack thats a good price point. If it was 3 different trains or included 2 new ones with a Modified HST with new sound set it would be worth selling at a £15 price point

I can only hope if this we do get a new gamePlay pack in the future . I hope there a serious improvement to the quality of what it is including.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1