Diesel Legends Xbox Store Link

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jthornalley, Mar 10, 2021.

1. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

The 52 is the only one I haven’t got on that one so I’ll wait and see what opinions are before I commit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Excuse my ignorance but even though I was aware of another GWE project, due to the fact i've not really kept fully up to date with it's progression I never really knew what the end product was going to be - and now that I've seen the content+description in the above link i'm really puzzled as to what exactly this bundle is bringing to the game.

Is it a 70's reworked route (stations, scenery etc etc)?
    Or is it just the current GWE with the newer trains replaced with 1970's equivalents?
    If you already own those trains are you just paying [price unknown] for what is effectively a glorified railtours with some shunting stuff thrown in?

Maybe I need someone to fill in the gaps with this one.

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Take a look at this thread. Answers all your questions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I think you’ve more or less summed it up.

6. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It does indeed, thanks.
    There's no way on god's earth i'm going to start paying money for timetables and scenarios...ever. It's bad enough having to pay a premium price for content but c'mon, asking for even more money to play already owned content elsewhere is daylight robbery.

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

In all honesty they have done something to the GWR which has improved the route prior to tonight's release. Gfx feel sharper and it's definitely smoother.

8. Markerson

Markerson Member

It’s not just scenarios and services though, it’s also locomotives. I’d be giving this a miss too if it wasn’t for the Class 52 which I don’t own and on its own would be 11.99, so an additional 3 quid for the scenarios and services make it worthwhile for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

It is when you already own the three trains. You know, if it were old stuff been brought forward then yeah, that seems to be an acceptable practice nowadays - but it isn't, it's content that is already in the game which has been recycled and resold under a fancy name. Tell me, would you be equally as enthusiastic if DTG decided to give NTP a modern look by adding a HST and 166 service along with a bunch of scenarios for £11.99?....or repeated this 70's theme with East Coastway for another £11.99?
    No, you wouldn't.
    I actually find it quite sad that DTG have to resort to these practices in order to squeeze every last penny out of the consumer, but from a positive point of view at least I now know that giving these guys my money most definately isn't the thing to do.

10. Markerson

Markerson Member

As I said I am happy to pay the 14.99 to use the Class 52 on this route (because I don’t own that loco) and I fully accept that you’re not. I never said you should be.

You seem quite angry with me for some reason and suggesting what I should and should not be happy with spending my money on. I think that’s way more worrying than what DTG decide what to release as paid content.

• Like Like x 3
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you describe as content. Is it a train model, which by itself with nothing to do is pretty useless, or is it the things you can do with that train? The services and scenarios are the backbone of everything you can do in TSW. Without them you would have little to occupy your time. This pack has bags of content even if you have all the trains already. So it’s not robbery because you are paying for the gameplay contained in it, not necessarily the trains that the gameplay involves, if you happen to have them. If that still doesn’t appeal to you then that’s fine but you can’t describe it as daylight robbery.

• Like Like x 5
  12. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Is that midnight in the uk the launch,

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's not fundamentally different from the scenario packs that DTG have been publishing for years in TS202X. They add substantial gameplay to already available routes and locos. They're moderately priced but you do have to own the dlc that they use. They're popular and DTG are considering releasing more such packs for TSW2, if this one does well. Like all dlc, you get to decide whether to buy or not.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes midnight UK time or Midnight in your territory.

15. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Ummmmmmmmm to answer your question no I wouldn't be annoyed and definitely want to buy all the made up DLC packs you described because it would bring new timetables and new services and more gameplay, I openly admit to being insane for the people who will call me crazy, but that's me in a nutshell completely nuts.......

• Like Like x 1
  16. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Oops, apologies for that, my intention wasn't to offend... I just don't agree with this whole recycle/resell under a different name thing because it's, well, just morally wrong. At the end of the day there was nothing to stop DTG adding in the timetables (in the same way as they have done with the railtours thing) and giving the user the option to either buy the trains should they need them or migrate them into the route if they already own them instead of forcing the rebuy. It also questions as to whether or not you should buy future locos or just hold on to your money on the offchance they pull the same stunt at a later date.

But yeah, if you (or indeed anyone) feel that it represents good value then that's fine, I absolutely respect your reasons for wanting to make the purchase. Sadly though, my feeling is (and will always will be) that DTG should be concentrating on making TSW more appealing to the masses instead of exploiting a forever decreasing niche audience but hey, that's just my way of thinking.

(ps) to avoid any confusion this was typed in a soothing tone with a slight overtone of deep, deep resignation so please read accordingly :cool:

17. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

It appears they have removed the overhead lines from the 70s timetable?

18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No they are there

19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/enhancements/locomotive/class_31_enhancement_pack
    OK, so for £11.99 you get some improvements to sounds, physics and a few reskins, you get THREE scenarios (which you need over £100 of other DLC to run) and you need the original 31 for it to work in the first place, so you're not even getting the loco.
    AP are considered one of the best in the business and have sold hundreds (if not thousands) of such packs
    So yes, people WILL spend £11.99 for a rehash of something they already have

The difference here is that DTG aren't providing "the same thing under a different name", they're selling you a whole new timetable and the locos to support that timetable. I think it's confusing that the title focusses people's attention on the locos when really it's a timetable pack but it does bring a lot more than "what we've already got" unless the only thing you're looking for is loco assets, but then that being the case people should stop complaining when service mode "only has 170 services"...

• Like Like x 1
  20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's £14.99. I'm going to wait for a discount on this one.

21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Worst DLC in the entire game with Oakville Subdivision

22. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

"they can't keep doing this"
    come on DTG get a grip, thanks to Bryer for the helpful and informative review.
    why should i get it- this looks like something we would see from 2017- not 2021.

24. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I went in with an open mind about the DLC as I could see both sides of the coin. Due to small failings that I go through in the video, it's a No from me at full price, and might be a pick it up if it goes on sale DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  25. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Can people stop saying this is “robbery” or similar terms. It is made quite clear what the content is so if you don’t want it, you don’t have to buy it. Nobody’s robbing anybody.

If you spend your hard earned on this content but don’t want it or want something different, that’s not robbery, that’s stupidity.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Did you read any of the above posts? I don't think anyone posted robbery above or used any terminology purporting to it!

27. ARuscoe

Unfortunately you seem to be reviewing only the loco/assets...
    Stopping watching at 47 minutes as you're not reviewing the DLC only one aspect of it
    Not saying the points raised aren't worthy of being raised, but it is not a review in my book

28. ARuscoe

Sorry Bryer... they did

29. Markerson

Markerson Member

Well I was quite positive about this but would advise you to avoid. I had forgotten about the back to front door controls on some services in TVL and NTP and this is the case here too.

All locos except the 101 have the door controls set so left opens right and right opens left. Such a simple thing yet totally immersion breaking. Can’t believe that no-one in QA didn’t spot this before release.

30. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Thanks missed it.

• Like Like x 1
  31. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

Does anyone know when the patch will be released that activates the freight and 31?

Don't see much sense buying this until I can access the whole shabang....

32. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The 31 is already in there. Well it was on my stream last night. The freight will be added "when it's ready".

• Like Like x 1
  33. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Ive never relied on reviews for any thing I've ever bought in my life, yes always curious to what they are saying about things, but at end of the day if i want something I will always buy it, because no reviewer is ever going to see the same value or attraction to the product in question as i do, and the reviewers will always be leaning into their own likes and dislikes even if it's only slightly and not be 100% impartial because that's how being a human being and the human condition works.

• Like Like x 1