Diesel Legends

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, Sep 27, 2021.

1. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I recently bought the Diesel Legends pack which took some deciding over and although recycled locos and not the appropriate scenery it’s very enjoyable to play. Very refreshing. It’s nice doing services not having to use scenario planner.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

which was the whole point. And get used to "recycled locos", especially in the UK because a lot of very similar trains are used nationwide, always have been

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not very different here in the US, where locos used in routes like SPG, for instance, can be modified and re-liveried on many of the Class 1 railroads. That's why many of us would like to see more vintage routes and trains and why I'm a little less than blown away by the upcoming Sherman Hill and Horseshoe Curve.
    Another GP38 and few players outside the US will be able to separate the ES44AC from the AC 4400CW, at least externally, apart from the huge EPA- inspired radiator. The SD70Ace is EMD's response to the GE Dash8/9 and was nicely modeled in the TS version but, again, not startlingly different from other locos of similar horsepower.
    Just like in the UK and even Germany, you have to go back a few decades to find locos with real personality. We got a taste with Clinchfield, NTP and TVL, but now it seems we're on a treadmill of recycled generics. Just my take.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm less worried about locos than I am having units which can be run on a larger collection of routes, and that means EMUs or DMUs of the same type which can be recoloured or skinned and put straight out again. I'm thinking Class 170, 158, anything "sprinter" and so on. They're pretty much everywhere outside of the southeast. The 159 (158 with tweaks) would run into Waterloo as well

• Like Like x 1
  5. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I don’t actually mind the same locos and units on each route.if nothing else it makes each route busier with variety and you can drive the stock differently. Even better if they include different liveries. I’m not adverse to class 47s in blue, green, large logo, Railfreight, intercity etc

I agree Diesel Legends is really good and with all the layers has a lot of variety.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Honestly I really want to see a segment of one of Amtrak's sleeper routes, like the Southwest Chief, with P42DC locos and superliner cars. Although if they did give us it, I'd expect to see the rooms modelled with the beds stowable :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. zefreak

zefreak Active Member

I would love parts of the Empire Builder, particularly Washington state can be beautiful. Unfortunately, the stops are so infrequent that it would really only work if they could give us longer routes like in TS classic

• Like Like x 2
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I think the next US passenger route is going to be Washington DC to Baltimore NEC. With the Acela that will be able to be layered onto Boston Sprinter.

Although to be honest I would love to see the NEC route we got back with the original MSTS, Philadelphia to Washington DC. With an Acela, and a good old HHP or maybe a Genesis.