PC Difference In Feedback Approach

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SamYeager270, Jan 17, 2018.

1. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The following quote from The Flare Path highlights a key difference between TSW and FSW:

Now I'm aware and appreciate that the TSW team have shared their priorities for the next patch although I'm not sure if it's been posted on this forum or just on the Steam forum. Equally I realise that FSW is in "early access" unlike TSW. However in general the default policy from TSW representatives does seem to be one of saying as little as possible about anything until it's formally announced.

As I recall Jay mentioned at one point that they try to avoid posting timescales and forthcomng features until they know that will be met to avoid disappointment and anger from users. The former I can understand as timescales can and do slip for various reasons. As far as the latter, forthcoming features, I'm in two minds.

Having seen how some Steam posters go out of their way to bait and abuse other posters as well as DTG staff I can appreciate the wish to avoid leaving hostages to fortune. OTOH by dancing around the subject of whether or not some new feature might appear or is even being investigated it could be argued that it needlessly annoys the more legitimate users.

2. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

If we are ever asked if something is being worked on, we will always answer with a yes or no. We never shy away from confirming or denying upcoming features or anything else we might be working on.

But like I said, we try not to publicly commit to dates, else we might find ourselves in another TSW on XB1 situation where a general release window was announced and we were unable to fulfill release within that timeframe. This led to a lot of (ongoing) hostility from some areas of the community, which is understandable to an extent but something we are keen to avoid in the future.

- Jay

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Can I ask why you want to the put TSW on the XB1 in the first place? One of the hallmarks of the TS20xx series is the editing suite and the scenarios on the Steam Workshop. TSW is expected to get the same features but will these even work on the XB1?