PlayStation Different Braking Systems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ste 6201, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ste 6201

Ste 6201 New Member

Without sounding too much like an idiot, can someone explain the different braking systems, The American freight scenarios for example, on the Loco there are three braking systems, DYNAMIC,INDEPENDENT and AUTOMATIC.
    Then there are additional things such as "Bail Off","Cut Out Valve" and "Emergency Brake Valve",I think the Emergency brake valve must dump the air from the tanks so the brakes apply fully.
    Also the main Gauges, especially on the USA Locomotive, exactly what do the red and white needles represent.
    Again sorry to sound so dumb, but whether its me or not, I am suddenly finding braking conditions and operations change halfway through a scenario. Can the R1/L1 & R2/L2 actions be changed from one system to another, eg R2 is accelerate/throttle up and L2 is Dynamic Brake, can the L2 key be re-assigned "ingame" so to speak.....as I may have pressed a button and done that by mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ste 6201

Ste 6201 New Member

I have sussed one part of my issue, pressing square toggles between the braking systems.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Really? Nice. I like to use the red brake in the ACS64 but sometimes it would use the independent brake instead and I couldn’t work out why