Different Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thorman, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

DTG has launched lots of fishing games in a minimum time (FSW Pro Tour, The Catch, FSW Bass pro shops...). Can you explain us what is the difference between the games and the logic of this strange strategy of releasing three nearly identical games?
    Are some of these games already dead? What about the Catch?

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Thorman, we would like to say that we are now trying our best to be as clear as possible with the community. We want to avoid the confusion that we have had in the past. We hope that the below clears up what our games have been and meant.

Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour was our first attempt after Euro Fishing to try something new. Bass fishing, big sponsors, American venues etc. A bigger game with improvements on the last, including lots of great new/bigger venues.

The Catch: Carp and Coarse was to build on what was great about Euro Fishing. Focus on Carp and the introduction of new things that could take advantage of the newer game engine such as the water flow feature.

Fishing Sim World: Bass Pro Shops Edition is a BPS sponsored version of Fishing Sim World. This is a standalone version of FSW with a couple of new features. This is not something that is one of our main games, this was simply a Bass Pro Shops sponsored FSW game. Unless you are super keen to try out the underwater camera, we do not recommend existing players of FSW buy this for this one feature alone. Do not worry though, the team has been made well aware of the demand for the underwater camera.

All of these games will not be getting new venues, equipment, or fish. Lake Nelson was the last venue for Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. This was a venue we had for a little while and wanted to give it away for free for 3 months as a way to round up the year and game. So with all this extra time, the team is hunkering down and working on something which is being heavily driven by the mass of feedback we have been getting from the players. The decisions we have made to stop working on our current games is so we can tackle larger issues and things that the community has been flagging since Euro Fishing. If we don't do this now then these things would continue to happen throughout our future releases.

Again we hope that clears up things a bit.

3. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Thank you for your answer Clarkey. I am a bit disappointed to see that I bought The Catch which will not be supported anymore. I expected new venues.
    I am not sure to have understood your last paragraph though. Do you mean that you are working on a new game (again?). If so please make it very cheap, DTG fishing games lifetime is so short they are not worth buying.

• Like Like x 1