Display Has Stopped Responding And Recovered..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LT586, Dec 31, 2018.

1. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Hi all.

Firstly great game and platform but in the last couple days I keep getting this awful error (seems to be an Nvidia issue)

Screen goes grey and then says display lost and recovered but the game just crashes to desktop. - Cleaned GPU with compu cleaner. Havent done anything to the GPU and am getting 56-62 FPS solid.

Bios for my MOBO is a Beta and I am not sure to upgrade that and it screws up the board. I've also set the TdrDelay to 10 but keeps happening.

GPU is Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme - as I say its been fine all along not sure what the issue is.

Thanks all

2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

When I had something similar with a different Nvidia GPU the GPU died on me not too long after. I may be wrong but if I were you I'd start looking for another card. Mystified how you can have a Bios that's a Beta and then be worried about upgrading the Bios! Why on earth did you install a Beta Bios in the first place?

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The first thing you should do is get your BIOS updated, if you are unsure about doing it then take to a computer store and have them update it for you. This way you are sure it will updated correctly, and would also have them check out the video card to ensure that it is really okay and that it's not starting to fail on you.

4. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

It seems to be okay, the new driver 417.35 DDU doesn't remove the oem.inf files from previous drivers and no I didnt update the BIOS just said that the version available for my board is a Beta. So not doing that at all.

Turned on DSR and Vertical sync to Adaptive as its one of those OC gaming cards which next time will not buy again