Dispolok Br 182 Night Lighting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Winzarten, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

The cab night lighting of the newly released BR 182 Dispoblok is terrible.
    The dials are barely readable, no matter the brightness settings. Also the backlight of the dials doesn't look like proper light, just a overlay texture that gets applied over the dials.

The MFDs button look... to put it mildy...sub-par as well.
    Tbh, it looks almost exactly the same, as when I try to run the old trains with the new skybox mod at night.
    PC Platform, no mods for the screenshots.
    How this could be deemed as acceptable quality for a loco where the majority of runs is done during night is beyond me...
    TSW3_Winzarten_1664911851_00.jpg TSW3_Winzarten_1664911823_00.jpg TSW3_Winzarten_1664912441_00.jpg

edit: also the audio warnings, like SIFA, are very quiet, and barely audible.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

182 has always been the same starting from RT DB 182 to HBK ES64 to now Dispolok 182. This just shows how reused these locos are even though they say they have reworked everything. But reality is the new loco has ever worse textures than the latter

• Like Like x 2
  3. rohr#2587

rohr#2587 Active Member

Having the same issue on PS5. I wish someone from DTG would acknowledge it.

This is what the dials look like on console:

IMG_2811.jpeg

Completely unreadable at first glance. It doesn't even look like it's properly lit, just a light texture slapped over the gauges. And the indicators don't look full rendered. You can very clearly see they're not full circles.

Not to mention the warning voice being entirely too low... Hearing SIFA inside the cab is extremely difficult, and of course outside of the cab would be quite literally impossible.