Distant Screen Shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pusser_uk, Nov 18, 2018.

1. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

How do you get screen shots that are apparently taken from a distance? I use the default camera views but they don't come close to the apparent users photos that are uploaded and shown on the TS loading page. I see some screenshots that are further away than I can get using the default cameras, even zooming out on the selected camera.

2. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

press 8 hope it helps

3. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Yeah, press 8, that's the free cam. You can use the arrows to move around and the mouse wheel to zoom in.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

pressing 8 unlocks the camera and you can then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move around, as well as the mouse to redirect the camera itself.
    You can also press the pause key on the keyboard to stop the action which allows you to set the shot up without the consist flying off. One tip, always press 8 BEFORE pause, as otherwise you're locked to the camera view you had when you pressed pause

5. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

Thanks, I will try out these tips.

6. pusser_uk

pusser_uk New Member

Great!! Thanks guys, just tested it out for myself. Thank you everyone who helped, it works a treat for me.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can use the Mouse Roll Wheel or the up/down arrows to move closer to train and get a telephoto effect