Dlc Cost

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Odd1ne, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

Anyone know how much the upcoming dlc will be? Cannot belive I cannot find any info anywhere.suprising to say it comes out in a few days

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They havent announced the price, yet. The PC price is 24,99 as far as I know but launched with a discount when it released there. Would expect a similar price for consoles. My guess is 19.99 as a discounted launch price, but we will find out shortly.

3. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

They announced on Friday stream it will be 19.99 at launch

4. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

£19.99, €24.99, $24.99

5. JAW

JAW New Member

I will wait for a DLC Bundle, Season Pass or a lot more content for $24.99 US.

$24.99 for one route expansion and a few extra trains is putting TSW way too close to the Forza price point for a lot less quality.
    The Forza Community including me, complain about the smallest flaws yet many obvious flaws still remain since the launch of TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

7. JAW

JAW New Member

I still have hundreds of Services to complete anyway.

My bet is on some sort of DLC (Sale, Bundle, Season Pass, Special, etc.) for the Christmas Holiday. :cool:

8. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Simulator like this aren’t designed for season pass. You not supposed to buy all the dlc.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JAW

JAW New Member

Any title with multiple DLC packs is a good candidate for season pass, I run a 6 TB external drive with dozens of titles with every DLC expansion offered over the years.

I spend $99.00 every year on the Forza Franchise Ultimate Edition because I know it comes with guaranteed DLC and Expansion packs.

They need to address the quality issues and come up with a better price point for the DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Just to keep this in mind, TSW is NOT like Forza or any other AAA games for sure. As I agreed with volvolover, these DLCs are more of a choice than a recommendation, since it is a simulator game after all. For example; if you like the DLC then that's something that you want for your collection. And if you don't like for your own reason, it then don't buy it, it's simple as that. Since not everybody wants everything from a game like this, and not every game has a season pass like most AAA games dose. So as vovolover had said before, this is one game that will not have a season pass at all. Since DTG is a private company after all.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  11. sVig

sVig Member

Only another £24.99. What a joke. As for season passes not being suitable for this type of game, that's nonsense. The game itself is for an extremely niche market and hardly packed with content from the get go. Of course players will want more content. So instead of giving a discount on DLC with maybe a season pass or a discount if you've bought other DLC they figured lets just charge them what we want, sod any sort of discount for the players buying our very limited appeal stuff.

Also it might be a sim if a lot of the features actually worked on the trains. There's a lot of things that are just non-functional and the fact it runs really rather sloppily even on Xbox One X is pretty poor. So basically you're looking at £90 for the game plus two dlc routes and a few more locomotives which dont even have full functionality in a sim that runs shoddily on a game engine by Unreal.

I'd expect nothing less from DTG though now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Honestly I think you are totally out of way. The comparison between Forza and TSW are like two opposite directions to all single parameter.
    I only agree with you about the little issues (but the team work constantly to solve that) every porting create on console version.
    About the improvement for XB1 X I think the main problem are the unclear Microsoft strategy and the console gamers culture (they want the best from an hardware that in the 2013 -date of launch of xbox one- was already old if compared to a medium-low performance gaming-pc. If in late 2018 about 80 or 90% of xbox gamers play still with xbox one standard or 's' and only the 10 or 20% passed to xbox one x the problem is not of Dovetail. I remember this title (TSW) the first month on my xbox one standard...I remember it turned like a sh** (and I tell to myself "its time to pass to xb1 x". Not only for TSW, also TERA console porting turned like sh** on xbox one standard and probably also 's'). Unreal Engine 4 and TSW engine are not for xb1 standard. but the gamers still not understand that. Fortunally, at today, there are titles and hardware for all the pockets (or for all the price that every single gamer think is the right price to spent for every single title). In my link you can see an italian high speed train (350kmh) with the E404 (similar to db br class 185) Engine that run in a typical (Im ironic) single track high speed route :'( Also the route landscapes is totally wrong (like train, engine sound, single track route, light effects, shadows, etc): there are no "deserts" or "tundra" here in Italy. Now, if you think TSW and the game in the video also for some little reason are similar Im ready to be agree with you when you asking for a cheapy DLC price. I think TSW need a real railfans support (persons what spent part of own life to watching real trains and railway life and surprised himself every time like if they watched a train for the first time, with the eyes of a child). I always thinked about TSW its not a title for all, like for example TS.

Note: I invite you to find on google every single iconic building (like stations, bridges, tunnels, industries, or skyscrapers of New Rochelle) and notice with your eyes the "maniacal" porting of them, from real life to TSW videogame route. For me this is not a videogame, for me this is art!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I don't think anyone is asking for a cheap DLC price, just a more reasonable game. £24.99 is basically half the price of a fully polished AAA title, say what you like about TSW (and I do really like it) but you definitely couldn't describe it as a fully polished AAA title.

I will buy the DLC, but I'll wait for it to appear in a sale.

14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

1 city car x 1 single person = 300.000 euro. 1 city car x 100 persons = 100.000 euro. 1 city car x 1 million of persons = 10.000 euro.

AAA titles sells also 1 million of copy in a single week and the AAA titles sotfware houses have a ton of sponsors who support the project (and about the 80% of resources are spent for marketing. where marketing win against product real quality). TSW project is created for a real railfans target, I suppose about 1% of gamers, Dovetail are not Square Enix or Bungie, and I explained the rest with the example of the city car.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  15. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

I appreciate that, but if you price it too high, you're reducing your already small market of possible sales still further.

16. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Interesting that you can now but Train Sim 2019, with four routes and some other stuff for PC, for exactly the same price of one route for TSW.

No idea what the differences are between TS2019 and TSW though.

Might just have to check it out.

17. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

TS20XX is around for 10+ years, so its a bit visually outdated and more limited. But there´s of course given its lifespan more DLC and routes currently.

• Like Like x 2
  18. JAW

JAW New Member

All I want is a QUALITY game for this price point. An update or two in and we still have a host well known issues with graphics, sound and game play. Until they address the shortcomings in the base game, I will not invest in additional DLC.

Does your "art" include disappearing tracks and tunnel walls too?

• Like Like x 1
  19. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Me too.

Just yesterday they released a large (autumn) patch and for example
    now the tunnels under the East River and Hudson river in NEC Dlc work fine!

If I write that in my opinion TSW is not a title for Xbox One Standard (like also T.E.R.A, Black Desert, etc, etc, etc)
    someone is ready to reply with "TSW on One standard and One X is the same game 'cause its not enhanced for the One X"
    So, I only can repeat that from March to May I played GWE on Xbox One Standard and TSW was unplayable (or it was near to be..) 'cause very low frame rate, invisible trains, textures charged at the last second, and disappearing tracks too..and for a long part of the route!

When at June I passed to One X It was like if I started to play a new game (repeat: my opinion based on my experience) and the jump in terms of performance it was incredible. And the super sampling technology as general improve a bit the graphic too (more clean images).
    Now, can Dovetail work (optimized) better TSW with Xbox One standard hardware? Honestly I don't know 'cause the only comparison that we have graphically looks like a 10 years old game also in a super pc with gtx1080ti graphic card and 4k ultra setup (Train Simulator 20XX)... and titles like Red Dead Redemption 2 (that I play in these weeks) have nothing to compare with a train simulator game. The only thing I suppose is that probably the train simulator games, as general, need to a lot of system resources if compared for example with a racing game, and that the 3D tracks number are the "cancer" of the hardware request in terms of game performance. WSR turns perfectly and with amazing graphic 'cause we run for the 95% of the route in a single track scenary and also if I push my poor Class 47 with only 1 coach (to open/close the doors at the stations and reach the end of the Service to Bishop) up to 150km/h the game turns perfectly the same without any framerate problems.

GWE: Disappearing tracks test (route test) up to 240km/h after autumn update.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018