Dlc Not Showing Up In Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Legomaster1197, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Legomaster1197

Legomaster1197 New Member

I just recently transferred computers, and I wanted to transfer over a bunch of third party add ons that are unavailable. But after doing so, more than 2/3 of my routes and almost all of my trains are no longer in quick drive, nor can they be used in scenarios. But steam, and the actual game acknowledges that they are there and installed. I’ve deleted the SDBcache files like some have suggested, but no luck. Cleared cache, uninstalled the dlc, and even done a complete and clean reinstall, and still no luck. Please help!

2. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

Deleting the SDB cache file will only restore assets downloaded via Steam. All third party assets will have to be manually installed unless you still have access to your old computer which would allow you to copy the assets over from your old installation.

3. Legomaster1197

That’s the thing: steam assets aren’t appearing either. P42DC, Pacific Surfliner, CSX Hanover. It can’t be modifications to them, because I never even touched the Hanover file.

And I did copy over the files from my old computer. But the game isn’t showing them anywhere.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Have you tried doing a integrity of game files check to do this right click on Train Simulator, then go to properties then to local files. then select integrity check.

5. Legomaster1197

Countless times. I’ve deleted my assets folder then did the cerify integrity, and deleted the route folder and verified integrity.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why are you deleting your Assets and Route folders and Verifying the integrity twice?

If you have copied stuff from your old computer then it might be Read Only

7. Legomaster1197

Does it being in read only make a difference?

8. Legomaster1197

Yeah, didn’t work. I’m changing install location, and just considering that location unusable. A clean install in that location with everything deleted and reset still resulted in only having 1/4 of my purchased add ons from steam downloaded.

9. Michael Newbury

That's odd that you're having issues like this. I have done multiple re-installs of TS myself and never had an issue with any of the steam products not re-installing.

10. Legomaster1197

Yeah. I don’t know what’s causing it. Hopefully, after a clean reinstall to a new location will fix it. There’s really only two third party mods I want to keep (both are unavailable now), but Im not too picky about what else remains. I’ll let you know if it works.

11. Michael Newbury

You will not lose anything you already own, what ever you purchased from Steam stays with you for ever. Question to ask you is when uninstalling are you ensuring the railworks folder is gone. If so then you need to make sure you log out of Steam and then log back in and do the install.

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Please reply to another three threads so we have no idea which to reply to.

13. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

I found that if the crawler (at the start of the game) fails on some item (say, a corrupt workshop) then it can break.
    Furthermore, up until I deleted Castle Rock last year, my list of QD routes kept shrinking with every game restart.

General advice is to do a clean install, and then add your stuff one by one. Once you find the culprit, roll back and add others.

14. Legomaster1197

Yeah, sorry about that. Im realizing Im super impatient, so Ill try to do better. I won’t do that again; and I deleted the other posts.
    I made sure. If anything was left, I would delete it.

but for some reason, changing the install location worked. I have no idea why, but it did.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1