Accessibility Dlc: Pay In Instalments

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by west coastway trains, Mar 3, 2024.

1. west coastway trains

west coastway trains Well-Known Member

There’s a lot of dlc coming up and people like me and many others who would like most of them can’t afford to be regularly paying out £30, so my suggestion is split payments for a dlc, if you miss a payment then it gets removed from your library until you pay the remaining amount

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't know how that would even work. You can't split payments on any platform. Easiest way is to buy it when you have enough money to pay the full price or wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 6
  3. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

If you don't have the money, you don't have the money. Simple as that.

Nothing to do with DTG if you can't manage your spending.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

Gamepass?

• Like Like x 1
  5. west coastway trains

What’s gamepass got to do with my suggestion

6. west coastway trains

Goodness, how dare I have a few luxuries in my life

7. dylandd06

dylandd06 Active Member

I don't think this would be ideal, a subscription price would probably more suitable for regular customers but then again not everyone is going to want every dlc as people have diferent preferences like I only really use UK routes so it probably wouldn't be suitable.

• Like Like x 3
  8. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

the dlcs aren't going anywhere and you aren't forced to get them on release day so why can't you buy them when you have the money or even getting them on a sale?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Thats how it works in the real world... You work you get paid and you spend youre money and when you have spend it all you have to wait to get Money again...
    Welcome in this world my friend!

• Like Like x 6
  10. west coastway trains

Thanks, glad to hear everything always goes swimmingly for you, we can’t all have that unfortunately. Flexibility is important sometimes and this is one of those circumstances imo

11. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound horrible (that isn't the word I am looking for but we'll roll with it) but the DLC are only thirty quid which is about the price of a meal and drink for someone if you go out to eat. I just don't quite see how this would work in a way where anyone would benefit, against just putting £30 away each month, negating the risk of missing a payment and losing the DLC, or if you really can't afford it wait for sales.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You want an interest free credit agreement on a £30 DLC?! I've never seen anything like that, and for good reason! :D

If you can't afford to just get the ones you really want, wait for a sale - it's usually the best way anyway, so they've had a chance to fix some of the inevitable launch bugs!

If you think a Klarna style arrangement is the solution to your day-one, whale appetite, you're wrong. Missing a payment wouldn't just mean they'd take the DLC off you, if could also negatively affect your credit rating. Would it be worth that?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  13. jack#9468

Keyword: luxuries. Look it up. You're not he only one on this planet who struggles to afford them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

DTG ain’t no money lender, you don’t have to buy every dlc, can’t afford then I would recommend basic priority with money, as in don’t buy dlc when struggling for cash it’s not essential.

Unless you completely play routes an absolute ton of hours each, you won’t have completed them fully, why not work on the ones you have until you save up, that way you are using each to the best value and saving for dlc at the same time.

I wouldn’t recommend GamePass personally, you pay more long term and that’s not what you will want

earn save spend, sorry but welcome to capitalism

edit: on a side note DTG do do what you ask, as in Microsoft, Steam etc stop you using the dlc if you miss payment, that payment is the buy price of £29.99 ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There is no way to do split payments for one the Platforms Sony/Microsoft/Steam/Epic do not have this type of payment system. And two your only options are either to pay what ever the price is for the DLC when it releases, or you can wait for it to go on sale and purchase it then.

I am sure that everyone in this thread that has replied has struggled at some time to pay for the DLC. But there is always the option of waiting for a sale and getting it a better price.

• Like Like x 1
  16. joffonon#1689

joffonon#1689 Well-Known Member

Open a savings account and set up a standing order for a small amount each month. Even a fiver a month gets you enough for 2 full-price DLC purchases a year, or more if you wait for a sale.

17. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If you are on Steam and the local supermarkets are stocking Steam Wallet gift cards, just buy one or two a month at £20 a time and build up your funds in advance. If you are worried about your other half seeing an outrageous balance on there, keep them safe and hidden just add when needed.

Or prioritise what you want and wait for them to get a discount in a sale.

The OP is one of the most preposterous things I ever read on here. This is entirely optional leisure entertainment not a roof over your head or food on the table. You have the hardware to run TSW on in the first place, can afford a monthly Broadband connection to run it and post on forums. Get your priorities straight, man.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Gianluca

Gianluca Well-Known Member

I'm one of those who want all contents of this game, sales and patience is the key, split payments doesn't work because nobody wants to pay twice for one dlc that can be download whit one purchase

19. Xander1986

I'm 37 so i have seen enough but the younger community are so spoiled! They want to have everything and they want it now..... The number of young people with problematic debts is enormous and they have no idea about money at all. It is really terrible to see how they destroy their lives on all kinds of luxury items... It must be said that the industry also likes to milk this.

• Like Like x 3
  20. west coastway trains

I think I get the general impression that it was a bad idea, but people don’t need to make it personal and aggressive. Just say it’s a bad idea, and move on :)

21. Xander1986

So this is the reaction of someone who understands what I'm talking about, I think! But okay lets move on!

22. west coastway trains

Glad you identified where I proclaimed to be the only individual with such a struggle

• Like Like x 1
  23. jack#9468

I never said that, so don't put words into my mouth. I haven't come across another thread even remotely similar to this one, which is where I drew my conclusion from.

For the record, I'm pretty sure other members on this forum are probably facing similar issues, but you're the only one I've seen make a thread about it.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Anyone who isn’t safe for life in terms of cash will take a hit at any purchase. Many players that will be, very few if any will it not be.

in terms of dlc it’s either you can or can’t, it’s unfortunate but not exactly much sympathy goes around for dlc purchases. Especially if you have other dlcs.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Michael Newbury

No one here was making it out to be personal and or to be aggressive towards you, we were just simply trying to point out that your suggestion was not possible or viable.

I did see a suggestion here if you haven't already start a Savings account and put money into it as regularly as possible.

26. west coastway trains

For the last time let’s leave this thread here. In retrospect it’s a bad suggestion that has only caused issues and misconceptions about our opinions. I am also not here regarding financial advice from, respectfully, random people on the internet, I have come here in order to make a contribution/suggestion which is open for interpretation. Upon further reflection of the thread, I was in the wrong so I think it’s best to forget that this discussion has taken a bad turn and hopefully this issue won’t occur again

27. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

As someone who genuinely struggles to afford anything, even when vital. I can tell you that if you setup a budget to cut down on as many expenses as possible, you'll get there eventually.

It might take some time, but don't worry, eventually you'll have enough. :)

However, remember, your personal well-being always comes before entertainment.

• Like Like x 1
  28. west coastway trains

I thought I made myself abundantly clear enough already that I haven’t come here desiring financial advice, so why are people still making that the main topic of this thread

29. Xander1986

Sorry but LivvuAurora is very polite to you but you dind't understand her point...

• Like Like x 2
  30. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

in this day and age young people have to have all the latest gear. I wonder how much per month someone spends on a branded coffee from one of these large chains, Has the latest mobile phone or latest trainers etc etc. Take one of those away for a month and you will be surprised how much money you will save and (waste) on stuff you dont really need.

31. Xander1986

For sure consumer society..... The marketing is very smart and projects this to this young age people.

• Like Like x 2
  32. west coastway trains

I’m going to say this in the nicest way possible, leave this thread here. I’ve asked nicely more than enough but people don’t want to listen

33. Xander1986

Your'e not the one that allowed or not allowed if we talk further about this topic... If you dind't like this conversation please ignore this topic

• Like Like x 5
  34. rennekton#1349

Just request that a community manager locks it

35. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I have never once in my life encountered any kind of credit arrangement like this which wasn't predatory and exploitative of people on low incomes.

• Like Like x 2
  36. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

there’s not much gain, DTG is a business and not a charity, something like this wasn’t ever going to happen with the way businesses are, at least not without gain (probably in this case a form of interest)

37. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

Not exactly what you ask for (installment payment), but the recent survey suggested that DTG is at least thinking about a subscription service for either the core game and DLCs or DLCs alone. The conclusion in the end is that yes you could get some content for a lower price rate first, but after a few months you might end up paying way more than if you had with just purchasing the DLC completely in the first place.

I mean I'm also not a fan of this idea and personally would never purchase my games or DLC content in this way, but it could be a nice way to test a DLC before "wasting" 30 bucks on something you don't like indeed.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  38. west coastway trains

However it does feel like this thread has veered somewhat off topic, so I was simply requesting for the thread to go back onto the original topic

39. west coastway trains

How would I go about making such a request

40. west coastway trains

Are you assuming my age? There’s an abundance of things on the internet that could encourage us to make such assumptions, however I find it inappropriate to be guessing the ages of people on an internet forum

41. Xander1986

sorry but not the whole world revolves around you my friend..... this is more in a general sense.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Quickest way is to report your post and ask for it to be locked in the reason.

43. jack#9468

Tag an admin and ask for it to be locked.

44. rennekton#1349

DTG JD DTG Alex

45. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Guest

Not sure why people want to use up admin time when there is no violation of forum rules, no one is forced to engage with a thread, their thread or otherwise.

stopping people engaged in all good conversations for the sake of it isn’t very reasonable. Are they now to lock every thread when someone wishes to no longer participate in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  46. Michael Newbury

I agree in this case this thread has remained civil and on topic, it's just the OP who does not understand on comprehend our response which I believe have been helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  47. west coastway trains

I didn’t say it does, I apologise if that’s how my message came across- it’s just I feel like a combination of me and others has made this thread completely pointless and theres only going to be more problems

48. west coastway trains

I do understand that people don’t agree with the suggestion which is fine, the more constructive the better. But sometimes the feeling that not one person agrees with your idea overwhelms you and then the frustration comes

49. Michael Newbury

We understood what it was you were asking for, but as we tried to point out that request would not be physically possible.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Honestly, your best bet is to stop responding! Every time you reply about how you don't want people to respond to the thread, it puts it right back to the top of the "New Posts" list. And when you tell people on the internet not to do something, they're definitely going to keep doing it! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1