Dlc: Preservation Locos With Alt Liveries

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by beefybeefy76, Jun 1, 2021.

1. beefybeefy76

beefybeefy76 New Member

As the porting of preservation locos from TSW2020 to TSW2 for livery editor requires remodelling of the locos to implement on TSW2, to incentivise the process for Dovetail and and encourage being added to the roadmap, Dovetail could consider creating skin packs to be sold as DLC for the locos ported over, if there are no licensing issues.
    Eg. DLC pack of alternative BR liveries/regional skins for ported over class 37.
    This could also be utilised for new locos going forward.
    Eg. Sell Class 42 warship in BR blue for initial purchase, with additional DLC skins in BR green/Maroon availabe for purchase.

You could also sell as bulk packs.
    Eg. BR green for all applicable BR loco models, BR maroon skins for all applicable loco models.
    Regional packs.
    Eg.Network South East for all applicable locos.
    Also DLC logo packs for livery editor (guessing there maybe licensing issues for the logos).

This would encourage the porting as Dovetail could make additional funds, there would be pro alt skins available from the developer for purchase for those of us who want to pick up and play with alt models without having to use the livery editor, and the models would also then be available in the livery editor for personal use for those who enjoy doing skins.
    A survey could be conducted to see if there would be any intrest in this, and the locos players would be intrested in porting over as a priority.

• Like Like x 1
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great idea. Licensing permitting, it would be great to have different variations of the classes we already have (and those going forward). I would happily buy livery packs if they were available. A serious money spinner DTG as I am sure I am not alone.