Dlc Price Increase?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bart2day, Sep 6, 2022.

1. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Not really a criticism as I've always thought that TSW DLC can't improve in quality until the price goes up but surprised to see that the new TSW3 routes have been listed individually at £29.99 each rather than the usual £24.99:

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 16.00.56.png

Bit sneaky if you ask me. Perhaps DTG can confirm if this will be the new price of route DLC going forward?

• Like Like x 5
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Hmm indeed, maybe something to do with the training centre?

If this is the case though, it is understandable that there would be a price increase, however for DTG to not tell us and just stick these prices on, it’s pretty poor.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I don't think so. I think it is because it is new and the pack was very cheap. The same thing happened with rush hour, that the DLC purchased separately were more expensive than the normal one. I believe, and it is only my opinion that it is to promote the purchase of the pack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Why exactly is it sneaky? It’s posted publicly.

• Like Like x 3
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

These aren't the starter packs though. These are individual route listings for those who already own TSW3.

Where was it posted publicly? These are individual routes I am referring to, not the starter packs.

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.32.47.png

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  6. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

£29.99 for individual routes on Xbox as well so the increase is across the board.
    By comparison I've just preordered physical copies of Dakar desert rally for £28 and Train Life: Deluxe for £30.49, so from a value for money perspective I really can't justify that level of pricing for a minimal content addon - especially at a time when you have to respect the value of your purchases. Sorry, but all things considered I'm going to have to step back into the real world from here onwards.

Great news for Rivet though because they can now shovel out IoW: TSW3 edition (featuring working doggie poo-bag bins on platforms and fish & chip shops you can walk around) for another £25 :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  7. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

They are starter packs as you get the base game and the route. We'll have to wait and see if their next route is £24.99 or £29.99.

8. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Spirit of Steam was £30 but you could but TSW2 Spirit of steam for £25 and you get TSW3 version as well. Either they marked up starter packs as dlc or they have increased price

• Like Like x 1
  9. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

SOS +TSW3 game ( starter pack ) = £29.99 SOS TSW3 version only ( without TSW3 game ) = £29.99
    SOS TSW2 version = £24.99

Yep! DTG are charging £29.99 for individual TSW3 routes only which is a price increase of a fiver over the old TSW2 price. Even more important to wait and get them in a sale. £24.99 was pushing the boundary’s on what I’d call an acceptable price for a dlc add on but £29.99 for a TSW3 dlc add on?? Way! OTT. They can jog on.

If you don’t own SOS or TSW3 buy the SOS TSW3, starter pack. If you own TSW3 but haven’t got SOS In either TSW2 or TSW3, then buy SOS TSW2 version for £ 24.99 and get the SOS TSW3 version for free.

Anyone who pays £29.99 for a stand alone TSW3 add on route usually when a route is newly released needs their head testing. All this TSW3 malarkey is designed to be one big money grab on every level.

• Like Like x 6
  10. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

Thank God I preordered the deluxe version making Spirit of Steam £5, unlocked it for TSW2 as well which was a bonus.

Future routes will be bought in half price sales.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

That's cos if you buy Spirit of Steam for TSW3 you get the main game and training centre

For £29.99 you get the route AND the base game with the training centre.

Complain if the next dlc is £29.99

12. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

The price is publicly advertised, what exactly is sneaky about it??? Sounds more like people aren’t happy with the price rise but I wouldn’t call this sneaky?

• Like Like x 1
  13. darylb88

darylb88 Member

I think it would be wise to wait and see what the price of the next DLC is (and the level of content) before jumping to conculsions. Also DTG do sales all the time so there is no need to worry if you feel that £30 is too much to pay for months of development work.

• Like Like x 2
  14. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Don,t you mean its very poor with with former TSW2 route add-ons which have been re-released for TSW3 are still selling 24.99gbp with the newer routes e g Kassel WURZBURG selling at 29.99gbp & no communication from DTG gives me reason that this should be investagated by trading standards on the grounds of unfair & misleading pricing

15. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Old routes as well. Some been 35 Euros for a while by now in PS shop. I think I saw Peninsula Corridor go for that price too.

16. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Are people ever happy with the inflation? :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Ah, The old Trading Standards Card. Good luck with that. Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 4
  18. stevegad

stevegad Member

I've wanted to complete my U.S freight set, by getting Cane Creek, but with all the crappy reviews and a price tag of £29.99, it's a no from me. They ought to have several sales a year where all DLC is £10. They'd make a lot more money in the long run.

19. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

it’s an error waiting to be fixed, look up either the TSW2 or 3 version for £24.99 either one will (should) also grant access to TSW4 version