Other Dlc Release Times

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by solicitr, Jun 10, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This is I suppose a meta-technical matter, but it is certainly a source of at least discontent among many users, especially the all-important Day One purchasers- and that is the ragged schedule of new DLC releases according to platform and time zone.

What would be so hard about coordinating Steam, Playstation and XBox stores to unlock a new DLC at one fixed, simultaneous time worldwide? As things are, it seems that PS4 unlocks at midnight local time starting at the International Date Line, so that Playstation players in Guam, New Zealand and Australia get it almost a full day before those in Hawaii, and many hours before XBox and PC players., At the other end of things, Steam unlocks worldwide at 10 am US Pacific time- that is, not until early evening in Europe, and ages after the Aussie PS4 guys are already posting reviews and videos.

Can anything be done to regularize it? "All DLC goes live at 00:00 UTC," or something like that.

2. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

It's not a problem Dovetail can remedy. Sony and Microsoft release new products at 00.00 in every country, that's why places like Australia get content earlier. Steam release at 4pm (UK time) as I don't believe they have any customer support other than in America.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The release on console is in Microsoft’s and Sony‘s hands.

I believe Sam commented on this in a recent stream. Basically, DTG can choose when to publish on Steam and chose a time at which Valve support is easily available to them. This way, should anything go horribly wrong, they can get in touch with Valve immediatly.

• Like Like x 1