Dlc Wsr Cost

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crochunter1970, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

In two minds about the cost of the DLC. It was almost half the cost of the game itself, which is quite extraordinary. Could be one of the highest single prices I have paid for DLC on Xbox, ever. That's the bad news, because I think this may be the same cost for all future DLC.

The good news is the WSR DLC is fantastic. I purchased and, after playing it, do not regret buying it. It is a significant size and has massive replay-ability. I certainly wasn't playing it regretting buying it. After all, the Founder Edition was more than this, yet only included on rail line.

Not sure how to get my head around this pricing model. Yet, on its own merits, WSR is still great DLC.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Thats how products like a Train Sim works. You cant really compare the price of the base game to the DLC. Basegame is offered a bit cheaper to get people to try it out. Once you purchased the "base game" you start tu build your library of DLC.

You probably wont purchase any piece of DLC, instead you are going to pick the ones you like. The price is justified imo compared to the time it takes to develop such a route for TSW. RSN for example was 2 years in the works.

So if somebody feels the price is too high and that they wont enjoy a DLC that much, wait for a Sale.
    Down the route they might even bundle older themes based on locations, e.g. a german route pack containing 3 older routes. But this will take a while since the DLC is limited currently.

The only thing i dont like about the price is the fact that PC players got a discount if they preordered the DLC and we Console players didnt get that option. But for me i think i will put enough time into this DLC and enjoy it enough to justify the price point.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DLC for TSW are whole games in themselves. The "core game" is only the control and physics engine. The real content is all in the DLC so pay for the routes you want, and if you don't want a route as much... DTG have almost constant sales, offers and addons upcoming so do wait for these.

4. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Yes, I agree with the comments above. The price for Xbox is quite odd, because it is extremely high for DLC. In saying that, there is no doubt about the massive size of the DLC and how, on its own, it stands as a game. I guess the fact I paid the high price and don't feel ripped off shows I am pretty happy with the product I purchased. That's how trade works.