Dlcs Synergies

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Sep 12, 2022.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I made such a sheet, ages ago.

Several timetables have been updated recently so the data is no longer relevant. Besides, my sheet is too confusing, GER-content-only and not very informative these days. The situation is not improved by the fact that some trains come in several variants. I personally like to enjoy each route in all its glory, and although I own 99% of the DLCs for the game, I also have a 250 GB SSD drive and have to choose which DLC I will install, and I don't know which I should install, not anymore. Could I have asked You to provide new & official & complete information on this subject? I address my request to DTG, tagging potential perpetrators of the confusion (HBK <3) #Joethefish #TrainSim-Matt

I think that this information could be useful not only to me. Thanks! :)

PS Don't make me buy a new SSD instead of new DLCs for the game! BR o7

#AI.scenery.trains #additional.player.services #home.route, #substitution etc

EDIT
    I am not alone!
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/waiting-for-layers.59337/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just done a similar thread asking for the same thing and now see this. Great minds think alike. Which routes provide layers is much needed info to get the most out of all content.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 2
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

We are customers. We want to know what we are buying. Next time the court will ask. BR o7
    #Joethefish #TrainSim-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2022
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Court….

upload_2022-10-11_20-44-32.gif

• Like Like x 5
  6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

this escalated faster then average.

• Like Like x 2
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I think its one of these ones I will put in the Ignore section of my room.....!

Hentis

8. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Oooh!
    Has to be a class action so we can all share in Dovetails huge multi-million payout.
    Can't wait 4090 on order. Stop make that two!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

That’s a good idea I’ll order one as well….. Oh hang on though, this huge payout will probably bankrupt them and we’ll have no Train Sim to use the 4090’s with.

10. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It should be fairly easy to put together a wiki page with full details of what layers where, no? A simple table that can be sorted?

• Like Like x 1
  11. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

Other than they did it wrong (a lot of rail tour services are missing) DTG must have used some kind of list for the add on manager, so it exists, they just don’t want to share.

12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is easier than you can imagine. It is really EZ to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2022
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I look forward to you reporting on your looming success :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will try so hard :D

15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It will be much faster for one of the smart cookies on the forum to create such a matrix than waiting for a glacial response from DTG.
    I'd do it myself but my aging brain would go into overload. Plus, I'm exhausted from the effort to get the save game back. How long did that take? ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Been asking this for over a year now and I don't understand why they don't make it as it would boosts sales of DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Duke49th

Duke49th New Member

What made me almost refund (actually did, then took the cheaper standard version) the game was that it showed (Browse all 61) over the available DLC's in the store. But when I click it, it shows only a handfull DLC's. I thought, why they all complain? That's kinda cheap for all DLC's.

When I bought the deluxe version it, I realized that it does not contain all DLC's. I then went back to the store just to realize that the number 61 is not an error but you have to click "see all" under the short list in the store to really see all DLC's available (TSW3 and TSW2 ones)

I went straight to refund but then decided to give it a go with the standard version. Since I don't want to play steam locos anyways.

That is really kinda fishy. I know I am new here. I don't want to cause trouble. But that made me seriously angry that day.
    Not sure if Steam or DTG is to blame for this.

Edit: Here is what I mean...browse all shows only a few, see all finally shows all:

upload_2022-10-24_19-44-59.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Valve are responsible for how content is displayed in their Steam store.

19. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's like shooting yourself in the knee from marketing point of view.

It should be clearly bolded mention in every DLC "Also, if you'll buy this, this and this you'll get even more trains on your route!". I guess TSW content must have been selling great without that info anyway ;)

But seriously, it's crucial info and definitely ahould be clearly provided by DTG. Right now, only thanks to breblimator I was able to plan what German content I need to buy to experience particular route in it's full glory.

• Like Like x 2
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I would love to bring the data to be actual but people who could help wan't to help.