Docklands Light Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djgsparky, Nov 7, 2022.

1. djgsparky

djgsparky New Member

I would love to see the Docklands Light Railway(DLR) from London.
    I know it's an automatic train but they can be driven manually.
    They will have great sights too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

How common are they driven manually? plus the DLR would be a pretty boring route IMO

3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I dread to think what they scenery would look like. Way too many landmarks for DTG to butcher.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why you say it would be a boring route. The DLR is a network of 45 stations over 24 miles split into 6 routes
    IF it was possible in any way realistically to drive it manually I would be all for it, but unfortunately it's automatic other than in very rare occasions or depot movements.

With regards to scenery or whatever, you'd be going from the edge of the city or a big tunnel to bank over through the Docklands area (loads of skyscrapers and glass, including Canary Wharf station which is between two docks and throws you out onto a big plaza) down to Lewisham (a below ground station underneath the mainline station) OR out past the airport to Woolwich through an under the Thames tunnel or way out to Beckton through a cutting between a dual carriageway, and the last spur is up to Stratford & Stratford International with all the Olympic park and the side running with the Jubilee lines and the mainline for Stratford

In other words, the route itself would be varied and lively, there are even two types of MU assets used so some variety of stock

Unfortunately the point is moot due to the complete automation of the DLR

[​IMG]

5. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

I always thought that the DLR was just the section between Bank and Lewisham via Canary Wharf and going between those two points which wouldn't take that long would get pretty boring after a while although you could say that for any route make incorpriated into TSW

6. I can see all the services driving themselves and being operated by the player perfectly well. Same as tsw3 works now. Its rare but I've seen them being driver operated on many occasions. This is a route or routes I'd welcome.
    Nice suggestion.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nope. The DLR used to be quite a short system, but before it got to Lewisham it had already been to a fair bit of East London and for several years gone all the way out to Woolwich etc