Does Dtg Have A Fundamental Problem With German Routes?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pennywise, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Does DTG have a fundamental problem with German routes? Apparently, many errors are not being corrected on the German routes and more are being added all the time. One example is the error with the blue light on the roof of the Dostos, which has been present for a good year now. Or that on RRO the train destination display of the BR 422 is wrong and you cannot select Hagen as destination. This is probably due to the fact that the wrong end car is used on RRO, because this is the end car that actually belongs to HRR. The latest mistake is that there is no longer a functioning EBula on any of the German routes. If this continues, we will be lucky if in 2 years the trains on the German lines do not run upside down.

2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I mean, some of the errors with the signalling and safety system are probably due to language and knowledge problems - I wouldn't dare to "design" a Chinese system for example, no clue of how trains work there and the language, and yet that is the situation DTG is in with German trains. All the material is German, so it might sometimes be hard to understand the details. And it seems like support of the community is something DTG does not want to take advantage of.
    But when it comes to the things you mention, I don't understand why these are much more common on German routes than on the others, is an odd thing. Not sure what to make of the "updates" that came now with the core update, seems like some stuff got even worse, I am really worried about Dresden-Riesa :(

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3