PC Doing Passanger Runs On Rhein-ruhr Osten Feels Like Un-polished, 422 Especially

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I've gone through a scenario with the 422, commuter conclusion and the experience feels UN-polished. Why? I'm no expert but we should of covered more "small" things to do such as.

Before I climbed aboard I felt the need to pull the curtains on the very end train, as I've seen EMU drivers pull the curtains down on the last unit. It would of been nicer for us to manually set the destination LED but that's not a big issue right now. But the following issues I noted down that make it very unpolished.

1. At the end of the trip the player should of had to switch off the passenger lights, LED display outside.

2. With this kind of passenger service I know that the driver in real life has to do a walk around inside the train to advise any passengers this is the last stop and they must dis-embark here, there is even a automated message to tell them this but here in TSW you still have the odd passenger still sitting down, everyone should be off the train at this point. Having the player interact with passengers would be a fantastic experience in TSW (hey get off my train XD )

3. At the end of line after you stop at the train yard, we didn't get told to apply the parking break, lower the panto-graph! It just cut corners and I was a little confused at that point. I applied the parking break anyway right before the battery switch.

• Like Like x 3
  2. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

For me 422 destroyd immersion with going into complete silence when idle. So there are no run sounds no joint sounds nothing.

3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Well in general they are not as nosiy as a DMU or diesel powered units but I strongly relive the door closing should be louder. There no air hissing when the breaks are released like EMUs of this kind do. Lack of rail joints are because Germany's rail system is not joined it appears to be a straight line without many joining parts. Have no idea how this was achieved (according to the devs on Rhein-ruhr Osten but when you drive over joining rails that change to another track there is rail joints heard there.

You are not wrong tho! You should hear from the cab, the electric engine from the cab very obvious.. reference

I do recommend the following "tweak" I think TSW's sound settings are too low despite on 100% :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/1/1737715419889622996/

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1