Don’t Add New Features To Old Content

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stujoy, Oct 24, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Hear me out, this may be important.

The preserved collection is nearly all in TSW2. So far the quality has been hit and miss and the preservation crew led by Adam will hopefully be working hard when it’s all in to fix all the issues to get the routes and trains to at least the quality they were in TSW2020.

My suggestion isn’t to never add newer features to the preserved collection but not to add them at the expense of performance. I’d go as far as to say to keep the trains out of the livery designer as well, if their conversion is going to affect how well they perform. The introduction of new features has a big potential to reduce performance especially on consoles. They could break otherwise good content.

As a lot of the preserved collection is currently not in the best state, I think most players would agree that they should be brought up to scratch before any extra features are added but I would stop at that point if new features are tried that affect the route’s performance, on any of the game’s platforms.

I’m saying this as a player on a base PS4. We, along with our friends on xbox, have been having it rough lately, and I fear that adding lots of new features to the old content will affect how they perform on consoles. I certainly don’t want to see MSB for instance brought up to TSW2020 standard but then have paintable trains and PIS added that breaks it again. I don’t want to see it working well only on PC (like HMA, packed with new features) and then console players having to wait for indefinite periods again for more improvements to make the old routes with new features work fully again on consoles. I’d rather just have the route as it was but working smoothly. I’m sure a lot of people would agree.

What are other people’s thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

If it can be achieved without affecting performance, then it would be a must. That is something that needs to be figured out first. If it can't be done, then ditch the whole idea. But more features on preserved collection is great for me. Only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I agree, for example on a number of German routes I know there's problems with the PZB and other safety systems since the beginning. Add on top of that the bugs introduced in TSW2 and they've got quite a bit of work ahead of them. Even when they get beyond that I think improving what's already in should take priority over adding new things. For example upgrading preserved counterparts to be on par with TSW2 versions, for example the Talent 2, should take higher priority over say adding more services.

• Like Like x 1