Doncaster To Peterborough Via The Ecml And Lincoln

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HamioSamio098, Jul 5, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. Defo really cool!

80.0%
  2. I like it but isn't on my priority list of routes to buy

10.0%
  3. Meh.

10.0%
  4. No thanks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Hello all!
    I would like to propose Doncaster to Peterborough via the ECML and Lincoln.
    The route in general
    The route spans from Doncaster to Peterborough with a distance of 154 miles (This is for both lines). Now yes this may be quite a stretch but considering TSW2 is coming and has an engine upgrade we could see this.
    A detailed Explanation of the route
    The route starts at Doncaster in South Yorkshire. Trains will continue down the ECML (East Coast Main Line) Reaching speeds of up to 125 MPH toward Peterborough with a distance of 75 miles. Stations featured on this part of the line are: Doncaster, Retford High Level, Newark Northgate, Grantham and Peterborough. There are fast trains that run non stop between Doncaster and Peterborough and some that provide stoppers.
    Now we shall look at the line going via Lincoln.
    The line diverges off at Doncaster going toward Lincoln and Peterborough reaching speeds of up to 70MPH (I think) and covers a distance of 77 miles. Stations featured on this part of the route are: Doncaster, Gainsborough Lea Road, Saxilby, Lincoln, Metheringham, Ruskington, Sleaford, Spalding and Peterborough. This part provides a plethera of services including stoppers that cover the full route or trains that come from Doncaster or Peterborough and terminate at Lincoln.
    TOCs and Rolling stock I would like to see
    As their are many TOCs on this route I have decided to pick 3. LNER, East Midlands Railway and GB Railfreight. There rolling stock included could feature: Class 43 HST, Class 91, Class 800 Azuma for LNER. The class 153, 156, 158 and class 222 (I will get to that later) and the class 66 for freight. Steam trains could be featured for the Lincoln Christmas Market Charter Service.
    Further things to take into consideration when making this route
    When making this route, there are two other lines that could be used as part of the route, The Lincoln to Nottingham (which will have to be cut short at Newark Castle due to route length) and Sleaford to Nottingham (which will have to be cut short at Grantham due to route length. The reason why I would consider implementing these is because LNER services coming from Peterborough can also terminate at Lincoln(The lines around Lincoln aren't electrified) and trains coming from Grantham can be stopped at Sleaford and have an A.I driver take over to continue the last leg toward Skegness. The line from Lincoln to Newark Castle means that the class 222 can be used. Note: LNER trains run a loop, coming into Lincoln via Sleaford and leaving via Newark Northgate.
    Pictures of the route and some of the stations and trains.
    [​IMG]

Doncaster Station

[​IMG]
    Lincoln Station. The platforms on the right are used for trains terminating here from Peterborough.

[​IMG]
    Peterborough Station

[​IMG]
    The Lincoln to Peterborough Line

[​IMG]
    Class 153 Sprinter

[​IMG]
    Class 43 'HST'

[​IMG]
    Class 222 'Meridian'
    I did not take any of these photos and whoever sees this proposal who took one of these, credit goes to you.

Thank you for reading and please feel free to leave any comments on what you think.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HamioSamio098

Just noticed the images aren't showing. Just right click to view them:D

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Although the mainline distance is 75 miles if you add the diverging route that more than doubles the distance. That’s three or four times as long as anything in TSW, so it would be just the mainline if it was made. The diverging route itself might be more interesting on it’s own but it still might be a bit too long to be made in its entirety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HamioSamio098

I have just edited it so that is says the total distance. I looked at the total distance didn't realise it was that long!

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

I love the mainline suggestion. The branch via Lincoln isn't for me. If the route was made, I would want it to be modern day (so with the 800). Other than route I really like the suggestion.

• Like Like x 1