Doppelstock Control Car As Loco(it Does Exsist)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHINO BAZ, May 2, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I saw a vido of a german passenger train that used doppelstock controlcars at both end of train with pantograms on top of them,I think this could be great addon because most of the nessary assits are there and main only roof detail need changed,add pantograms andmotor systems.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

I think you're confusing the Doppelstockwagen control cars with an EMU like a TWINDEXX or something else. They do look somewhat similar.

[​IMG]

3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

If I'm correct, the DB has an order of 54 of those new Bombardier Twindexx EMU's. They have a normal control car on one side and a control car with a pantograph and all the other systems on the other side. Some are already being used. Don't get fooled by some images, since the Israelian Railways use it as well and they have the same color red as the DB for some reason, but with their own logo.

DB Twindexx:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Israelian Railways Twindexx being loaded on a boat in Bremen, to Israel:

[​IMG]

This one is from the generation of Doppelstockwagen that is in the game, however the twindexx version of it was never used on the German rail, just on the Israelian rail. The Israelian railways use many German made material actually.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Yes, I think you mean the TWINDEXX like BjornGroen02NL posted.
    Ninetofive925, that’s a great picture, I wish this on would be brought into TSW on a Route like ZürichHB–Winterthur–St.Gallen or something...
    I mean, it’s beautiful!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alex02

Alex02 New Member

here is an Twindexx in sweden

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

You're wrong the Twindexx is from Bombardier only and the one on the video is the X40 from Alstom ( Coradia Nordic family ) which is a duplex ( doubledecker ) and is based from the Alstom Coradia Duplex like the SNCF Z24500/26500