Doppelstockwagen Expansion Pack (bombardier Twindexx Vario)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

At the moment the diversity of Doppelstockwagen (Dostos) in TSW is very low. There are only the 4th generation low entry cars in the game. To enlarge the diversity I suggest an Expansion Pack including the 5th generation of Dostos by Bombardier (Twindexx Vario). These come in three basic forms: The Motor Car, The Cab Car and the Coach. These are the possible combinations between these three types (including high- and low-entry variations):
    upload_2021-4-23_22-36-4.png
    The Twindexx Varios can be found in Regional and Intercity services.
    Regional services are either driven by two Motor Cars with one to four Coaches or by a locomotive with Coaches from other generations mixed in.
    Intercity services are either driven by a BR 146.5 (Bombardier Traxx P160 AC2) [Already in the game] or a BR 147.5 (Bombardier Traxx P160 AC 3) [F140 AC 3 LM In Developement]. The interior design is quite different to the regional versions.
    The differences between the different variants are rather small. Therefore I think including all three types with both entry versions in Regional and Intercity liveries is acceptable for a normal loco DLC.
    Except for Rapid Transit, every German Route would get layers from this pack. Whilst there wouldn't be any new regional services this pack would add IC2 services to most routes and brings much-needed diversity with only one DLC.

Motor Car (BR 445 / 446):
    [​IMG]
    The Motor Car is pretty similar to a Cab Car. The major differences are the electrical equipment above the boogies, motors in the boogies and the resulting higher weight. The Cars have an automatic coupling (Scharfenberg) in the front and a normal coupling (Screw) at the back. This enables the Motors Cars to have a variable train length, even with other coaches, and a quick coupling mechanism between two individual trains.

Cab Car (DBpbzfa 668.2):
    [​IMG]

As with every new generation, the fifth also got a new cab design. As usual, the Cab Car is only available with low-entry doors.

Coach (DABpbza 787.1 / 787.2 / 798 / DBpza 682.2 / 782.1 / 782.2 / 783.0):
    [​IMG]

The Coach is pretty similar to the coaches of the fourth generation. The major differences can be seen in the interior design and the added warning lights above the doors. As usual, these are available with high and low-entry doors.

Gallery:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
  2. PatrykA350

PatrykA350 Member

I love the idea! I’m so tired of driving the same dosto on practically every German route and I think this would make a fine addition!
    Real question is that if they can’t even update the destination displays on the ones we already have, is it reasonable for us to want another expansion? Still love the idea though!!

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Idea and if these are implemented in-game this should stop Dovetail Games' practice of Copy and pasting Main Spessart Bahn Dostos onto other German routes like RSN & RRO Hamburg-Lubeck. IC2 with DB BR147 should be the most interesting since it has the newer systems and traction equipment over DB BR146 the Main Spessart Bahn locomotive. Not sure if IC2 runs on Hamburg to Lubeck or HMA routes? Since players like myself will want a different Dosto the IC2 on both routes rather than copy & pasted MSB dostos.